Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete chaos in my area!

Complete chaos in my area!

Got back from the first day in my new job, and it's chaos around my area!! Helicopters are circling around and Fister is NOT amused!

Some time ago I posted about a house some young kids have had for years, but this morning, the police cleared it all - they came down on the roof by helicopter. Demonstrations have taken place several places in town, but the biggest was on a square 10 min. from me. This is where my vet resides - he has barricated all his windows.

It's getting worse by the minute, I'm watching it on TV2 News Channel as we speak. So far no one has died, but lots have arrested. The worst is right on the other side of the churchyard - behind the yellow wall, 6 min. walk.

Here's a link: Got back from the first day in my new job, and it's chaos around my area!! Helicopters are circling around and Fister is NOT amused!

Some time ago I posted about a house some young kids have had for years, but this morning, the police cleared it all - they came down on the roof by helicopter. Demonstrations have taken place several places in town, but the biggest was on a square 10 min. from me. This is where my vet resides - he has barricated all his windows.

It's getting worse by the minute, I'm watching it on TV2 News Channel. So far no one has died, but lots have arrested.

Here's a link: http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-6263308.html

Every link which says Ungdomshuset, Demonstration or Nørrebro, will have pictures. Billeder means pictures.

Please, let me have some peace and quiet for my dinner and a Valium for Fister. Hope I can sleep tonight and go to work tomorrow!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I can not read the language on the link. What is causing all this unrest?

Oh Randi! I remember when it flared up before. Hopefully it will not last too much longer.
    I'm glad you got back safely. Give Fister a big squeeze from me. Does he like soothing music? It might drown the noise a bit for him.

I hope the chaos calms down soon and you stay safe.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Poor Fister....poor you! How awful! I hope it calms down soon!

Bombs are being thrown, cars burned down, and it's generally a huge mess! The police are now threatening with teargas. I should think that will end it!

The politicians have been such wimps about the whole thing!!

Edit: Wow, a huge police van just arrived in my street which is right on the other side of the churchyard. What are they planning.

At least the helicopters went away, so Fister has calmed down.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Riots are always pretty scary. I was on campus visiting friends when the one here at MSU broke out. I zipped home before it became too ugly. Glad I did as they were tipping cars and piling furniture in the streets and lighting them on fire.

I hope Fister and you stay safe. *hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh Randi, like you don't have enough stress, right? I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it is ended quickly and it will be the end of the trouble in your neighborhood. Stay safe.

I hope you've found a route to work that takes you SAFELY around the problem area.

Please don't risk your personal safety for a mere paycheck!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Oh, Randi, that must be so scary! I was nervous when we had a riot on the estate where I live but it was a bit further away than the one happening around you and not as bad.
    Hope it calms down real soon. Stay safe. {{{hugs}}}

Randi, let me echo Phred's thoughts. Please do take good care of YOU.

(that's after you have calmed Fister down and reassured him).

I hope this is over soon.

Oh my goodness! It sounds just awful... I'll look to see if its on the world news tonight. My prayers are with you. Pouncer's upset just thinking about all that noise and chaos and wishes Fister some peace and quiet tonight

13. I just looked at the photos. Very frightening stuff there! It looks like the police mean business! Hope with nightfall things are settling down.

p.s. Paris Hilton??????? In the Danish press?????

Safety first- Praying this will be resolved soon.. Please keep us posted.

This chaos is being covered by the BBC as well. Sounds frightning.
    Take care of yourself Randi.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6408525.stm
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt