View Poll Results: horse racing do you agree with it

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 57.89%
  • No

24 42.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with horse racing????

Do you agree with horse racing????

What do you think about horse racing???
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I don't see anything wrong with horse racing at all. In fact it has been a well known sport since the beginning of time! It is great excercise for horses and keeps them in shape. And also the human must be kept in shape to too ride the horse, so really its a good healthy thing for both horse and rider.

I don't think horse racing is good if the horse is not well kept, well watered, well fed, and has too much excercise. There is such thing as putting the horse through way too much. I think for a good horse racer, you should have lots of knowledge as to how you should ride the horse during the race, how you have to take care of the horse and prepare the horse before the race, and how to make sure the horse is well looked after, after the race.

Horse racing is known as the sport of Kings and it certainly is, horses are beautiful and they are meant to get out there and run when they want to.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I agree with it, then again I don't. I'll state why I do and why I don't.

Why I do :

only IF the horse is in good shape and treated well, I agree with it and not beaten to death if they lose.

Why I don't :

because people gamble over which horse is going to win and some race horses out there are mistreated or beaten if they lose.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I agree with the Racing itself, what I dont agree with, is the age the horses start training and Racing. Their bones arent fused properly, nor have they finished growing, that is why most ex-race horses are lame, and need constant medical help the rest of their lives. Nothing like being retired at the age of 4!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    I agree with the Racing itself, what I dont agree with, is the age the horses start training and Racing. Their bones arent fused properly, nor have they finished growing, that is why most ex-race horses are lame, and need constant medical help the rest of their lives. Nothing like being retired at the age of 4!
    Ditto! I hate the way they are treated but if they are treated fine then I enjoy watching it and stuff. I actually wanted to be a jockey before my job offer.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I agree with the sport itself-but do not agree with the certain methods of training, etc. as seen in racing and any other horse sports. I do feel bad for the ones that get cast aside-you can get them a dime a dozen practically.

I didn't vote because I have mixed feelings about horse racing.

I think horse racing is a great horse sport. It brings the jocky and horse together and they become one. But horse racing cause deaths all over-horse or human. Look at Barbaro. He died because he broke his leg in a race. But he died doing what he loved
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses
    I agree with it, then again I don't. I'll state why I do and why I don't.

Why I do :

only IF the horse is in good shape and treated well, I agree with it and not beaten to death if they lose.

Why I don't :

because people gamble over which horse is going to win and some race horses out there are mistreated or beaten if they lose.
    This is exactly how I feel. I think if the horse is being treated the proper way, then...okay. But I despise when I hear about mistreated race horses and race dogs.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Do you agree with horse racing????

I think it is ok along as it is all Humane & handled correctly..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Arlington Park installing synthetic track material

I've only been to horse races once and honestly, I was mostly watching the horses go and what they did for them after they were done racing. So, I don't know if I agree with it or not.

Arlington Park is having their dirt track removed and putting in this new one because it will be safer for the horses and I think that is very good. The article refers to them as athletes which I like, because that is what they are.

Arlington Park to Install State-of-the-Art Racing Surface for 2007 Season
    CHICAGO (December 7, 2006) -- Arlington Park announced today that it will begin construction immediately to replace its conventional dirt track with a new state-of-the-art, synthetic racing surface to enhance athlete safety in advance of the 2007 race meet, which begins on Friday, May 4, 2007.

“Arlington Park has always and will continue to provide the very best that horseracing has to offer,” said Arlington Park President Roy Arnold in making the announcement at the ESPN Zone in Chicago. “While we are confident the track’s current dirt surface is one of the best, the fact is we lost horses last summer and that’s not acceptable. If we lose one horse, it’s one too many. We have been diligently monitoring other synthetic track installations and racing results, and now possess the knowledge necessary to move forward with a synthetic surface to ensure that Arlington Park remains one of the finest racing surfaces.”

Track officials say the new, synthetic track will substantially raise the level of consistency and safety.

Synthetic horseracing surfaces are comprised of natural and man-made materials that combine to produce a turf-like track that is more forgiving than traditional dirt surfaces, resulting in reduced risk of injury when hooves are planting and sliding on the soil.

“The quality of the track surface has a direct effect on the safety and performance of the horses,” said Dr. Michael Peterson, one of the experts hired by the Illinois Racing Board to review Arlington’s dirt track this summer.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 03-05-2007 at 10:21 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

yes, I do. It's in the family. My grandma has followed racing for a very long time, she even saved up to live her dream of owning a little grey filly for a while. Every instance I have seen the horses are treated like kings. (Thats not to say there could be some cases of bad treatment) Ex-racer make great pets/competition horses. (my Player boy )

Niño & Eliza

horse racing

I dont like horse racing because some horses get hurt badly and would have to be put down like that one race horse that hurt his leg very badly.
    For some horses it maybe good, but I never want my horses in a horse race no matter how much money they make.
    My horses safety is more important to me than money!
    ~Im a showjumper, an animal lover, a sister, and a great friend and the reason for who I am is because of the great people around me.~

*Rest In Peace Blossum*

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I don't know much about it, but by some of the replys I see it seems to have much in common with grey racing. There for I am against it.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

I don't like horse racing for many reasons:

1. The horses are put on the track too young and suffer too much damage.

2. To most owners, the horses mean money when they win and they will push the horse too hard.

3. I've witnesses too many horses being discarded if they don't win, not caring where they went.

4. I've also witnessed some horses racing while they should have been laid up for injuries.

5. Some of the horses are badly abused for the sake of money.

6. The horses suffer injuries and are retired with life injuries that never get proper treatment because of the cost involved.

These are only a few of the reasons and I should add that some owners truly do care about their horses' welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    6. The horses suffer injuries and are retired with life injuries that never get proper treatment because of the cost involved.
    not all, a few get a second chance.
    http://canterusa.org/

This is "I'm A Player" 1999 seal brown gelding who I shareboarded in 2004. He was sold.
    Last edited by Suki Wingy; 02-03-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Niño & Eliza