Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable! It's Moxie and her teeth again! *UPDATE*

Unbelievable! It's Moxie and her teeth again! *UPDATE*

This morning Richard said he noticed Moxie wasn't closing her mouth and was licking but just thought she was being weird. He fed her before he went to work and she ate fine. Just now I noticed her sleeping in the basket and her mouth wasn't closed so I looked. On her left side her top canine tooth is stabbing into the the back of her bottom big tooth. I'm not sure which one has moved. My guess is she hit her mouth some time last night because all was fine then. I know her teeth lined up correctly before because we just went through that "double fang" issue with her baby teeth falling out late.

I just called my vet and they are busy and about to close but they said I could drop her off in the morning and they will have the vet look at her sometime during the day since they have no appointments available.

There is no telling what happened. She is a daredevil and will jump and go anywhere. She got on top of an opened door last week. She had to have jumped 5+ feet to get there and then she couldn't get down. She also gets up on the tv and jumps to the mantel. If she fell from there it's several feet down to a rock hearth. That would be bad.

I don't see any other injuries but she's not her energetic self. She is eating but mostly wants to sleep so I will wait till morning and take her over. Poor little girl!!

Anyone experience this before? Anyone have a helmet Moxie can wear?
    Last edited by jazzcat; 03-06-2007 at 02:50 PM.

From Decker with Love

Poor little girl.....have you considered a mouthguard??
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

My goodness!!! Never heard of anything like this before. Poor Moxie and poor YOU! I hope everything can be easily "fixed"!

edit: I was just thinking about this. I'm wondering if because there were two teeth there originally and one just fell out, if it left the permanent one sort of loose??? That would explain it moving out of alignment. I wonder how it will tighten back up and be in the right spot again?
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    edit: I was just thinking about this. I'm wondering if because there were two teeth there originally and one just fell out, if it left the permanent one sort of loose??? That would explain it moving out of alignment. I wonder how it will tighten back up and be in the right spot again?
    I still can't tell for certain which tooth moved. It really looks like they both moved. I just fed her and she ate fine but she doesn't want to be bothered. She usually loves to sleep in my lap and nurse on my hand after she eats but she ran from me and curled up on the blanket on the bed. I almost think she is limping but not sure. She won't walk much but she is jumping up to places just fine. I'll get Richard's opinion on the limp. I may just be looking for something more.

It's crazy, that is for sure! I hope the vet can give us some good news.

Do they make dental braces for cats?

From Decker with Love

Only John Hancock Had Any Real Dental Problems And That Was Due To A Virus , Not From Being A Daredevil Kitty.
    We Pray That Moxie Will Be All Right And Not Need A Lot Of Surgical Work.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    Do they make dental braces for cats?
    Poor little bean. But that's what I was thinking. Poor thing.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Goodness, Moxie! You sure are giving your Mom some hair raising experiences! She's gonna have to put you in a bubble if you keep this up. Here's hoping that there's nothing seriously wrong w/Moxie.

Blessings,
    Mary

Richard just got a chance to look and he is afraid her jaw is misaligned. Please say a prayer for little Moxie that she hasn't broken her jaw or anything serious. Poor girl!

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    Richard just got a chance to look and he is afraid her jaw is misaligned. Please say a prayer for little Moxie that she hasn't broken her jaw or anything serious. Poor girl!
    Gosh Lori, I sure hope he's not right!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh no! I certainly hope that isn't the case. I can't imagine that she'd want to eat or even be able to. But who knows? I'll be praying for a positive outcome.

Blessings,
    Mary

Oh no! I hope Moxie is okay. I will be thinking of her.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

She is eating but I noticed she is drooling a lot and overall doesn't feel well. We think she either hit a tooth/teeth and moved it/them, knocked her jaw out of socket or broke her jaw. Since she is eating without much problem I'm hoping and praying it's just the tooth scenario, not the jaw.

Poor little girl can't close her mouth down completely because the two teeth are bumping each other.

I wish I had caught this earlier in the day. Bad Meowmie!

From Decker with Love

Prayers for you both!!

Poor cat and poor mom!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Moxie. I sure hope that she'll be okay and that whatever is going on can be easily fixed. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. It sounds like she's going to give you a lot of gray hairs from worrying.

Thanks for the well wishes. She is at the vet now so I have to just sit and wait. I don't know when the vet will get a chance to look at her but the good news is it's the top vet who is in today. He's so popular it's hard to see him (plus he is busy doing tv and radio shows around town). I know she is in great hands with him.

From Decker with Love