Thread: Anyone know about fax machines?

Anyone know about fax machines?

I have a big old Brother that has been a real workhosrse, but the manual doesn't cover this. As I metntioned in an earlier rant, it will print one page, then say CHECK PAPER; I reset the paper and it prints one more page. However, on the occasion when it DOES print TWO pages, I notice the next paget to be printed goes haflway down into the feeder Could this be a problem with the paper feed machanism? Any ideas??? Thanks! )Enter and backspace and delete keys aren't dry yet....arrgh)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My first thought it could be the paper. Humidity gets to it and causes paper not to feed right. Take paper out and fan it real good, put back into the tray.
    If that doesnt fix it then it's probably the paper feeder. Probably not worth getting fixed because new fax machines have come down in price. You can get fax only machine for $40 at Staples.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Thanks sp much!

I borrowed a keyboard from a friend, so for now I can hide my bad spelling!

I asked this same friend about the fax machine - I am going to try cleaning the feed rollers with isopropyl...that is sometimes the problem (my printer had the same thing).

If not...poor fax machine goes to the recycle...it's been so good to me...*snif*
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda