Thread: Art Project

Art Project *Finshed project in Post 11*

For school in art we just finished a clay cup that we made with the design of our choose. Now until they are done drying we are making animals out of newspaper, a styrofoam (sp?) ball, aluminum foil, and any other extra things. I'm not sure what I want to do, so I need ideas. I have art again on friday so i'll have to have some ideas by then, or a deffinate choice. I don't want to do a dog or a cat because everyones probaly going to make those. I'm thinking of making a horse but i'm not sure how hard thats going to be, so I have a penguin and dolphin in idea too. Any ideas??

*go down to see horse*
    Last edited by I_luv_rusty; 06-09-2007 at 12:02 PM.

I wouldn't do something with long legs as in my experience I can never get them to stand up properly! Maybe try a seal, and as you said a dolphin would be a good idea too.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Well the long legs wouldn't matter as we will glue gun them to a little poster board that would have something to go with it. (grass,dirt,snow,etc. paint) Hmm I was thinking about seal...

do you have to use ALL those materials? or choose one among them?

thare are these swan thing like when they serve food at some places........you can do that with the aluminum and the ball inside to give it a little weight.......

you can do the dolphin which can be very cute......

do you know what "pińatas" are?.......they are basically made out of newspaper and some sort of .........(how do you guys call it).......papier mache.......or something like that which is just china paper (the one used to wrap gifts and glasses and the like) with glue and water.........

thay take a while to dry up but you can make any form you like
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Well we don't like HAVE to... but we only use aluminum for the ears, snout,tail,and legs. The main form of the stomach is newspaper. Then we paper macie (sp?) with white cloth like stuff. I though we would use all aluminum, because last year we made people with the same material but newspaper.

Hmmm... I think i'll try to horse. If that doesn't work i'll do a penguin or dolphin. Still any ideas??

I like the idea of a rat it would be totally random and different!!

I made the horse I just finished the actual shape thursday and started putting on the newspaper pulp mixed with water type of stuff. I still have the whole body to do and the painting, I think i'm going to paint it all white or brown with white legs-ish and a little diamond on it head. I'll post pictures once its done.

Hehe you know what would be really random? A cochroach! No I'm just kidding that would be gross...a bald eagle would be a big challenge and make the other students look at you in brilliant awe

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

we had to make things kinda like that when I was in school, I made a huge goldfish it was really cool looking, you should do that!!!

I decided to do this horse, it came out nice. I was able to bring it home the other day. **I also included a picture of the person I did last year in art, it wasn't all that great -it does have hair it just in the back-** Here it is:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon photos 005.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	36087   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon photos 006.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	36088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon photos 007.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	36089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon photos 008.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	36090