Thread: Can you all suggest a movie for me?

Can you all suggest a movie for me?

I got a coupon for a $1.99 new release rental at Blockbuster -- can someone recommend a movie for me, because the past 2 times I've gone, they were already out of the movie I wanted ("Crash"). I'll take a comedy, a musical, a chick flick - no blood/guts/gore, please.

Does anyone out there have experience with Netflix or the similar Blockbuster service? Do they work? Is it worth it?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Liar Liar is the funniest movie I have ever seen. How about a Back to the Future, Apollo 13, Mrs. Doubtfire, Pirates of the Caribbean or the Runaway Jury with John Cusick. Or Chicago is so good, I love that movie, trluy funny, entertaining and brillant.

I'm not sure if it's still considered a new release or not, but I loved the latest version of "Pride & Prejudice," it's my favorite release in the last few years. Maybe you've already seen it though. It is very well done, and the music is beautiful. I own the piano book of the music it is so lovely, I love to play it.

We have Blockbuster "total access." For only $15/month, it's worth it, we get 2 movies at a time in the mail, and we can return them to the store for more. Plus we get a coupon each month for a free in store rental. There's tons more selection from the movie warehouse than in the store.

I love Little Miss Sunshine. There is quite a bit of bad language in it though, I don't know if that bothers you.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix
    I love Little Miss Sunshine. There is quite a bit of bad language in it though, I don't know if that bothers you.
    I second this suggeston, it was hysterical...it was definetely a laugh out loud movie.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

We have the Blockbuster Total Access but we have it for 3 movies at a time. We live further out and some weekends when there is nothing on we can easily watch 3 movies. We absolutely love it. Like Pembroke_Corgi said you have the movies that are mailed to you but then you have the option of returning them to the store. When you do that you can take out the same number of movies you are returning PLUS they send you movies from your online list. So one weekend we ended up with 6 movies to choose from at no extra cost. Plus there are no due dates so I don't feel stressed out about getting a movie watched so it can be returned on time. With winter and the possibility of the roads being bad that can be nice not feeling like I have to get to the store or I will be charged a late fee.

I would totally recommend it.

As for a movie...."Tristan and Isolde" So romantic and beautiful.

I loved Miss Congeniality- not only does she look like my step daughter- she acts like her too.. lol..

Cant reccomend any movies, cause i am a bllod and guts kind of gal! Altho, i did like the devil wears Prada! I have Netflix, I have had it for almost a year now, and love it! no more latefees, I can get 3 movies at once, and I just have to walk out to the Mail box! I can get anytthing I want, from old movies to new releases! I will never go to a movie store ever again!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I just watched Elizabethtown and loved it!
    Michelle

The Pink Panther is a very funny movie. I would suggest Pirates of the caribbean, but I guess it is kind of bloody. I'd go with Pink panther lol.

I have the Blockbuster service and I love it. I used to have Netflix but my problem was that one day I would be in the mood to watch something and I didn't want to wait for it to come in the mail. With blockbuster the movies that I really want to see can me mailed to me, but the movies that I'm "in the mood" to watch I can just pick up at the store that day.

I also loved Little Miss Sunshine, a few other good ones are Science of Sleep and Stranger Than Fiction.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    I loved Miss Congeniality- not only does she look like my step daughter- she acts like her too.. lol..
    LOL!!!!! Everyone loves a good brittney bashing!
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL