Thread: Oscar update

Oscar update

Well, the lasix did the trick for his congestive heart failure, but I think the heart pill is making him nauseous. He doesn't want to eat; anything. He's lost weight and is very depressed. He hides in his bed all day. I've just started feeding him with a syringe to try to get something in him. I hope I get my bouncy Oscar back soon.
    Too many pets? What's that?

Heres hoping Oscar is feeling better soon....but have you consulted your vet further regarding his situation now?...Jakey has heart failure also and i know it can be a worry for you and i also know you just want your bouncy boy back...
    I think i would be concerned if Oscar is losing weight and not eating...Speak to your vet again...there are other heart medications they could give him if he in intolerant to the lasix. and i will be thinking of you.x

I agree- call the vet. Sometimes lasix can make them feel sick if taken on a empty stomach. However- a call to the vet is important.

We took Oscar to the vet today. Everything should be OK. The medicine is what put him off eating, nothig else is wrong. Thank God. He said we should continue to syringe feed him until he starts eating on his own. So, it's going to be a soup of soaked kibble, baby food, and pedialite. The vet also said to reduce his doses to once a day, but not to start it back up until he puts some weight back on. Thank you all for the well wishes

Poor Oscar. Get well buddy. I've always heard people complain that Lasix makes them feel weird. Hopefully, he'll get over the sick feelings soon.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm still having to syringe feed Oscar, but he resists a little more each day. I'm taking it as a sign that he's slowly getting better.