Thread: Ear Health

Ear Health

I had been talking to a friend about Koli's ears. He swears by this Blue Powder Ear Treatment. (She has no infection but she was still extra itchy.) He sent me what i'll post below.

This sounds like such great information that i wanted to share. Opinions appreciated.

I saw a related thread with a simplified version http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...60#post1417660

__________________________________________________ _____________

The Author has requested that the old version of the article be removed... Therefore I am just giving the link to keep things simple.

http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/BLUE.HTM

For those with out PDF click here
    Last edited by crow_noir; 08-14-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Author's request

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

While I read your post and only skimmed that very lengthy promotion for the product, I did notice several things I'll comment on..

1) Itchy ears is often a sign of allergies. I'd recommend taking the dog to the vet to have it checked out before trying any kind of home remedy.

2)The product has a high amount of alcohol which is irritating to the tender interior of a pets ear. I honestly wouldn't recommend using something with a high percentage of that.

3) The information you posted is simply a long advertisement in favor of their product based on testimonials and the authors own experience. Both selling the book and selling the product someone stands to gain financially so of course they're going to tell you it works lol

4) this statement at the bottom bothers me....The author of this Web Site is neither a legal counselor nor a health practitioner, nor a veterinarian and makes no claims in this regard.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I've got the same ear "recipe" that I've been using without problems. I will clear up anything. This remedy has been known for years amongst breeders and dog people.

I would also recommend being cautious about something with so much alcohol in it. Alcohol is a drying agent, so it's great for drying out their ears after a swim, but used regularly it can, as Catlady711 said, be highly irritating to the inside of the ear.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

re2 I do agree with you about the high amount of alcohol.

re1 This is addressed both in recommending home made meals and it talks of taking the dog to the vet first to make sure it is not a punctured ear drum.

re3 I got this from someone who has been using this recipe for nearly 10 years and knows other people who use it.

re4 You don't have to be an "expert" to know things. You can also be a licensed "expert" and shouldn't be trusted. There's a lot of things that have to have similar warnings because the FDA doesn't approve for one reason or another. Animal communicators have to have by law the disclaimer that they are not licensed veterinary practitioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    While I read your post and only skimmed that very lengthy promotion for the product, I did notice several things I'll comment on..

1) Itchy ears is often a sign of allergies. I'd recommend taking the dog to the vet to have it checked out before trying any kind of home remedy.

2)The product has a high amount of alcohol which is irritating to the tender interior of a pets ear. I honestly wouldn't recommend using something with a high percentage of that.

3) The information you posted is simply a long advertisement in favor of their product based on testimonials and the authors own experience. Both selling the book and selling the product someone stands to gain financially so of course they're going to tell you it works lol

4) this statement at the bottom bothers me....The author of this Web Site is neither a legal counselor nor a health practitioner, nor a veterinarian and makes no claims in this regard.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

We sell this solution at my work -- it's called "Blue Thunder." We called it a miracle worker for a long time -- since using it for the past two years, we almost never see an ear infection in our regular clients. Great stuff. My dogs don't get ear infections but I squeeze a few drops in their ears on occasion, just incase.
    I've been BOO'd!