Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All of you Married folks out there!

All of you Married folks out there!

What drives you nuts, about your spouse??? I named my Huby after a street "One Way"!! he is a pain, for example, tonight I was making dinner, hubby comes in the kitchen, and notices dinner is just about done, so what does he do?? he grabs one Plate, one fork and starts to put his dinner plate together, then sits down and begins to eat!! I was livid! the least he could have done was set the table, or at least got the kids dinner for them! He does this all the Time! very frustrating!!

So what drives you nuts????
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

What bothers me about my husband, how much time do we have?

Be thankful he is still there to do that
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2
    LMAO! I was just thinking the same thing. I think you just opened the proverbial Pandora's Box here!

Let's see ....

How he makes ME do all the discipline with the kids while he does all the fun stuff ... so I end up looking like the evil mother/step-mother and he looks like super dad.

How he feeds my formerly well-trained dogs the table scraps, right from the table, and has turned them into obnoxious beggars.

How he procrastinates about EVERYthing ... like taking a YEAR to finally do something that takes ten minutes to complete.

How he never sorts the laundry ... whites with reds with blues.

How he always wanders off when we are ready to do something else .... for example, I'll say, "Dinner in ten minutes." Everyone else is downstairs for dinner in ten minutes .... no hubby. Why? Because five minutes ago he got in the truck and wandered down to the store to buy a newspaper.

How he only remembers to take his wet/muddy boots off outside after he tracks up the entire kitchen first.

And here's my super petty one, but it drives me NUTS ... how he will use or open something, and just leave the empty package there. He will use the last razor blade, leave the plastic container in the medicine chest. He will buy something at the store to fix something around the house, and leave the empty box/plastic bag/cardboard backing laying where ever he did the project ... whether it be a shelf in the garage or the middle of the living room floor ... and just wander away.

I could go on and on and on and on and on ....

But, I try to always remember, for all his bad habits and annoying traits, I've go just as many, I'm sure. And he truly is a kind, loving man at heart. If it wasn't for those darn empty packages laying all over ....
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

What Bothers Me About My Spouse !!!!

Spouse: "Will you wash the dishes tonite dear ??"
    Wombat: "No, I have a dishwasher"
    Spouse: "No you don't have a dishwasher!!!"
    Wombat: "Of course I do !!!! Why do you think I bloody married you for??"

Everyone has quirks, and my hubby is no exception but on the same token I'm not exactly Miss Polly Perfect either lol. The key is communication though. Its best to get things out in the open, even if they seem petty or illogical, so that a comprimise can be found. Festering annoyances can breed a lot of hostility.

Well mine might be rather silly. ( but what the hey..)..
    My husband loves to build stuff- or add stuff, or replace stuff. He has a masters license in a ton of things across the board, but these projects take up weekends. I cant really complain becuase its things that would be nice. ( like a huge wood bin with a roof to keep the wood dry by the back door, or outlets in good places, or new stove from electric to now gas etc) or extra closets where I would never have known one could go.
    When we first got together I learned REAL QUICK not to say things like " I wish I had a light in my closet, or a brighter light, or 'cant put the table there as there isnt a plug for the lamp- or its always cold by the doors ( adds vents..) . Honey do lists appear out of no where- and he is the one that makes the list!

. One afternoon on a saturday, I was sleeping during the day from working at night. Woke up to get ready for work, when he comes in the room and as I walk across the room to turn on another light to see in the closet- he said - here is your switch honey- and poof the light came on in the closet.. lol. I have tons of examples- but I never heard him in the room.
    Now we have a heating system I understand how to turn on and off- and " know who it works- ( propane below 37 degrees, heat pump over 37, and ac when needed as a dual "fuel" system) - but honestly - if I had to do more than that- I could be lost with this space ship control panel.. The new microwave asks you questions, to the point we are making jokes about it.. ( your food is still chilled ( instead of done). Or stoppping in defrost- food needs to be turned..So now I say things like- " the microwave says the door bell is going to ring.."
    I love the fact he knows what he is doing. Its a welcome relief to have a man, unlike my ex that doesnt " fix things until hopelessly broke requiring a new item" . lol.
    BUT WHY ALWAYS THE WEEKEND?? Yes------ I know that is when he is off- but every weekend??? I know its his time to relax and do what he wants- and I appreciate it- but I would like to just sit and watch a movie together. I do not dare say anything about it. After all I spend alot of time on the phone or computer with dog people, talk shows and litters, and of course run two classes a week.. He has come to a few of my classes, then makes comments all the way home like " why did so in so even bother getting a dog??? What an idiot..".. At the same time- in his projects- I get drafted as an extra hand once in a while like to hold something in place etc. And its always when I was in the middle of dishes- or working with Zubin or galina for show or something else.. " SURE HONEY- I will be right there.."
    Will the projects every stop??? NOPE!! He also has all these forms of auto cad and made all these drawings for- a new deck that wraps around the house, dormers upstairs to make the loft bigger for a spa type bathtub ( uh we already have a whirlpool in the uh basement family room bath..), new counter tops in the kitchen ( uh whats wrong with the one we have??)..
    PLEASE HONEY- JUST COME WATCH A movie with me.. lol. ( sniff sniff.. ) " Maybe tomorrow honey- I am tired.."

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2
    Well my dear, we have all the time in the world.
    Start writing !!!!

You women are never happy... LOL

I love my wife as Christ loves the Church. Still...

She can be a little messy from time to time. Most of the time it is just something to laugh at. Our running joke is whenever we stay at a hotel, it just seems her bags BARF all over the room not 5 minutes after we have been there. I just like to have things a LITTLE organized.

That being said, Tanya (Sparks19) is truely my soulmate. We have so much in common it is uncanny. 2-3 times a day, we finish each others sentences. Really.

"Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    LMAO! I was just thinking the same thing. I think you just opened the proverbial Pandora's Box here!

Let's see ....

How he makes ME do all the discipline with the kids while he does all the fun stuff ... so I end up looking like the evil mother/step-mother and he looks like super dad.

How he feeds my formerly well-trained dogs the table scraps, right from the table, and has turned them into obnoxious beggars.

How he procrastinates about EVERYthing ... like taking a YEAR to finally do something that takes ten minutes to complete.

How he never sorts the laundry ... whites with reds with blues.

How he always wanders off when we are ready to do something else .... for example, I'll say, "Dinner in ten minutes." Everyone else is downstairs for dinner in ten minutes .... no hubby. Why? Because five minutes ago he got in the truck and wandered down to the store to buy a newspaper.

How he only remembers to take his wet/muddy boots off outside after he tracks up the entire kitchen first.

And here's my super petty one, but it drives me NUTS ... how he will use or open something, and just leave the empty package there. He will use the last razor blade, leave the plastic container in the medicine chest. He will buy something at the store to fix something around the house, and leave the empty box/plastic bag/cardboard backing laying where ever he did the project ... whether it be a shelf in the garage or the middle of the living room floor ... and just wander away.

I could go on and on and on and on and on ....

But, I try to always remember, for all his bad habits and annoying traits, I've go just as many, I'm sure. And he truly is a kind, loving man at heart. If it wasn't for those darn empty packages laying all over ....
    Wait! hold the phone....did you marry my Hubby????? Cause they seem to have the exact same habits!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    My husband suffers from this disorder as well. I wish I could think of some examples right now but unfortunately at the moment I can't remember.

Another thing along the same lines is when we discuss a *project* to be done around the house. Of course I always see the need and he doesn't. When I finally convince him to share the vision of my project we then launch into the next phase. That is days of rolling it around in his mind about the best way to do it. This frequently involves researching things on the internet. Sometimes he will tell me it is not practical that we embark on this project (usually too much work involved). When I suggest hiring a professional he says he doesn't want to because he is quite capable of doing the work himself and it would kill him to watch someone do it and probably not do it as well as he would. Of course when said project is finished he is quite pleased with himself about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    My husband suffers from this disorder as well. I wish I could think of some examples right now but unfortunately at the moment I can't remember.

Another thing along the same lines is when we discuss a *project* to be done around the house. Of course I always see the need and he doesn't. When I finally convince him to share the vision of my project we then launch into the next phase. That is days of rolling it around in his mind about the best way to do it. This frequently involves researching things on the internet. Sometimes he will tell me it is not practical that we embark on this project (usually too much work involved). When I suggest hiring a professional he says he doesn't want to because he is quite capable of doing the work himself and it would kill him to watch someone do it and probably not do it as well as he would. Of course when said project is finished he is quite pleased with himself about it all.
    Oh....my hubby is the same way, when I wanted to put my horse barn in, i was getting quotes about how much it would cost, I just wanted a simple pole barn But noooo.......Hubby decided he wanted to build it all by himself, took him 1 1/2 years, and it ended up being twice the size that we needed. Not that it isnt nice, but he isnt completely finished with it either! and him dong it, cost twice as much, had i just had the company come in a put up a nice pole barn!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Oh boy, being the voice of reason (as I call it) is my top annoyance. He KNOWS I'm right but can't bring himself to do anything. So then he lets it build within himself and waits for me to get frustrated enough to open the conversation in front of the kids.... then *BOOM* explosion where everything he's held in for months comes out. But the explosion comes in a manner where he makes *me* look like the bad guy for starting the explosion.

He wears blinders regarding the kids and just can not punish them. I'm not talking "punishment" but how about reigning them in once in a while? My oldest is LAZY, hubby hands him money left and right, and does ALL his college papers for him. Want a laugh? I'll email you one of my son's unedited essays that he knocks out in 5 minutes which takes days for hubby to edit and make it readable. The voice of reason here says he only writes that bad because he knows that daddy will fix it for him. Hubby found that out last week when for the first time in 2 years daddy didn't have time to do it and son called the next day crying about how much "Pressure you're putting on me!" The youngest is a spoiled little princess who drives HIS car to school. He actually allows her to drop him off and pick him up. Some days he's at work for an extra 5 hours til she can come for him. Ummmmm...... what about the BUS?!?! It has yet to kill a kid from embarasssment. The bus thing? His answer is I could just as easily take a bus to my work... I could but I also OWN the car and PAY for the gas and upkeep. I could go on for ever about the whole Ashley, Cam, and Cam's father situation - thats the one where he knows I'm most right but refuses to do anything about it because he doesn't want to "piss her off" Huh?!?!

Ok, thats my big rant for hubby. Anything else is minor little annoyances.

Whew, I feel much better getting that off my chest. I needed that! Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31
    You women are never happy... LOL

I love my wife as Christ loves the Church. Still...

She can be a little messy from time to time. Most of the time it is just something to laugh at. Our running joke is whenever we stay at a hotel, it just seems her bags BARF all over the room not 5 minutes after we have been there. I just like to have things a LITTLE organized.

That being said, Tanya (Sparks19) is truely my soulmate. We have so much in common it is uncanny. 2-3 times a day, we finish each others sentences. Really.

LOL you MUST be talking about some other wife OK OK I admit.... I am very messy LOL.

I say the only thing that gets on my nerves sometimes is when he doesn't listen. I will say like 5 sentences and then I get a blank stare and a "huh" then I repeat myself only to find he is not listening again LOL.

BUT other than that I can't really say there is anything that really grates my nerves or anything. I really am one of the lucky ones. My husband cleans... cooks and pampers me daily LOL I feel like I do nothing for him but he assures me that I do lol.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I am divorced now but years later I realized how far down I was on his list of priorities and the problems that resulted from that. Everything and everybody came before home and me..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!