Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you met Shep?

Have you met Shep?

I was feeling the need for some "me-time" this afternoon so I sent hubby off to work, put Tyler down for a nap, and settled in with my new patterns and sewing machine. He may be a little lumpy and his bow may not be perfect, but I think he is cute It feels good to have something to show for my "me-time" besides just a more relaxed mommy
    What do you think of him? His name is Shep the Dog in honor of Sheppard, the military base that I live on.

Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

He is cute!! I like shep!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Nothing like a homemade friend. He looks great to me.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Shep is adoreable! You did a great job... I would have never thought he was home made if you hadn't told us first.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Wow, I think it's cute. I wish I had the talent to do that.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aww it's really cute! You did a great job.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

thanks
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Awww that is just adorable, you did a wonderful job. Shep is cute!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Wow! Very impressive, very nice job! He's adorable! You should take orders from PT folks ... I'd pay you for a smooth fox terrier!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

He's adorable, Missy! What a great job! I used to make bunny rabbits and dress them in clothes with bows on their ears. I loved making them. I actually made a ton of them for people and got money for them.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    Wow! Very impressive, very nice job! He's adorable! You should take orders from PT folks ... I'd pay you for a smooth fox terrier!
    I don't know if I have the skill to customize it to a certain breed but you have certainly gotten me thinking I may give it a try with some scrap fabric that I have laying around...
    Hubby keeps telling me that I should sell them on eBAY and offer to custom make them with fur color and stuff. I can make bears, dogs, and bunnies so far but I would need a lot of practice before I could seriously consider charging money for them!

Wow, did you make him yourself? He's so cute, and the bow makes him look like he's about to go to a party.

I had my sewing machine out last week - it sews backwards, so not sure when I'll try again. May need to take it for check-up.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So cute! I'm impressed. I do well to sew buttons back on clothes when they fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    I don't know if I have the skill to customize it to a certain breed but you have certainly gotten me thinking I may give it a try with some scrap fabric that I have laying around...
    Hubby keeps telling me that I should sell them on eBAY and offer to custom make them with fur color and stuff. I can make bears, dogs, and bunnies so far but I would need a lot of practice before I could seriously consider charging money for them!
    Oh, I bet you could do it. The body would be the same for all of them, you'd only have to change the color of fabric, the shape of the ears and muzzle and the length of the tail. You could get cow-print fabric to make me a Lucky dog.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I'll let you know how my frankendog made out of scraps turns out If it looks like what I have in mind I will definately have to make you a Lucky