Thread: Daisy has started to poop when at funny times

Daisy has started to poop when at funny times

She was going to go outside and just let a little one out I figured that she just had to go and couldnt hold it, but last night she was under my desk sleeping and just let one out again. There was nothing happening so she wasnt excited and couldnt hold it because of that. 2 weeks ago she had surgery and went back today to get her stitches out, everything looked good. Happy for that. Any how I asked the Vet what he thought and he said to keep an eye on her if it happens again in the next couple of weeks he would take blood and have it tested for problems. He did say it could be because of her age, she is 11 this year. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or heard of this.

Chase had to go and get his rabies shot today he weighs 4 1/2 to 5 pounds, he kept wiggling so couldnt get a real good weight. But in good health
    Last edited by whomeee; 02-15-2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Posted befor done writing
    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY FRIENDS

Could be pancreas or other.. Just watch it.. loss of bowel is usually upper intestines- the vet will know the tests..

Quote Originally Posted by whomeee
    She was going to go outside and just let a little one out I figured that she just had to go and couldnt hold it, but last night she was under my desk sleeping and just let one out again. There was nothing happening so she wasnt excited and couldnt hold it because of that. 2 weeks ago she had surgery and went back today to get her stitches out, everything looked good. Happy for that. Any how I asked the Vet what he thought and he said to keep an eye on her if it happens again in the next couple of weeks he would take blood and have it tested for problems. He did say it could be because of her age, she is 11 this year. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or heard of this.

Chase had to go and get his rabies shot today he weighs 4 1/2 to 5 pounds, he kept wiggling so couldnt get a real good weight. But in good health
    If the Vet decides to do a blood work up, you might ask if an ultrasound needs to be taken.

If the Vet decides to do a blood work up, you might ask if an ultrasound needs to be taken.
    so what are you thinking an ultrasound might show? sometimes Dr.s need a little help thinking of things.

so what are you thinking an ultrasound might show? sometimes Dr.s need a little help thinking of things.
    I am not really awake yet, but let me give an recent example. When we got Femka, she kept showing signs of " stress diareah". The first treatment was simple flagyl incase of infection etc, and the "pre-text" it would correct itself as she settled in. I brought her back a month later, and although more solid in nature- it was still bizarre in the frequency etc. She went in to have her teeth cleaned, and the vet called me barely an hour after I had dropped her off. I will have to look up which enzyme was high, but it was one of the panels that reflects pantreatic fluids and blood enzymes - possibly liver she said. Knowing that sighthounds can have major problems with anethesia- she wanted to keep femka during the day to see if " when she calms down" the levels go back down. She also did a ultrasound on the pancreas, liver etc- and that was when she found a spot on her spleen. On further exam, in Femkas case, with indications at one time in her life- she was either struck by something like a car- or knowing she had been attacked by a dog in old home in a fenced in area- even a blow hard to ground could have done it. In discussing with her other behaviors- being cold etc, dry coat but had gained some weight- she also ran a full thyroid panel. ( came back hyperthyroid).
    The treatment was thyroid medication, full round again of flagly,and with the thyroid then regulated, it helped the spleen work better. She does still get this problem once in a while if BADLY stressed, but at least its not longer the little things.
    One more comment about what I meant by " frequency". I could take her out normal schedule- then take her out before I left( with results in going potty)-.. I could leave 10 minutes, or 5 hours- she would go.. Her stress on my being gone- the vet said, would raise the pancreatic enzymes, with her then having to go.

Given that your puppy has a history of cancerous growths, and now has involuntary bowel movements, it might be worthwhile to make sure some abnormal growth internally is not present if the problem continues. Ask when the time comes, and let the Vet decide if additional diagnostics would be beneficial to find the problem.

Thanks Ill keep that in mind if I have to take her back