Thread: Wife Swap

Wife Swap

Did anyone watch Wife Swap today? There was this crazy couple and their two kids who ate everything raw, even meat, even four month old meat. They brushed their teeth with sour milk and clay, didn't send their kids to school and never used any cleaning products because they contained harmfull chemicals. They were such looney tunes.

Nope not yet, It's not 8 here yet. But I will make sure to catch it. I saw the previews of it last night and knew I had to see it!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Oh it's funny. You are in Washington. Seattle is my favorite American city. Sophisticated, sleek, modern, cutting edge, beautiful, intelligent and oh so breaktaking.

I don't think eating a raw food diet is stupid, actually I wish I had the willpower to do it, and hopefully I will one day. But I will skip the raw meat! I also don't think it's stupid to avoid chemicals, I do think all the chemicals we use are harmful. However, not sending your kids to school or homeschooling them did seem strange. And I can't imagine my teeth feeling clean with butter and clay as toothpaste. I thought both families were a bit extreme, there's got to be a happy medium. The other family cared too much about appearance and sanitized so much that they will probably fall sick when they come in contact with germs. You do need some bacteria in your life to build up your immune system. And I'm not sure why the lady in the other family didn't shave, that was pretty gross, and I would be embarrassed to have that on tv.

I wonder sometimes how real that show is, because the families are always so extreme. I did see that episode, and the thought of raw meat just made me sick. Yuck!! And those kids need some kind of schooling, that's just not right.

There was a point last night while watching them drink all of those raw eggs (a dozen each per DAY!!!!) and eating the rotten raw meat that I almost lost my dinner!
    Oh I could not handle eating raw meat.... nope.

And please tell me what was with her licking the kitchen floor???

All kids need school, one way or another. The boy said he learns all the math he needs to know by counting the eggs that their chickens lay everyday.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

And I think homeschooled children can actually do a lot better than mass-processed children, and I don't shave either - but I cook my food, and I'm made out of chemicals. Just goes to show you, "weird" is in the eye of the beholder!

Love, Columbine

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Last night was the first time I've watched this show as nothing else was on.
    I just wonder where DO they find these people? It was nice seeing my City on T.V. - it always is, but the couple portrayed the over-the-top, not-so-good side of yupscale living. Brushing with butter & clay? Yikes! And the four-month-old "high meat" - YUCKO!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

What i do not get is that they were sick eating a burger and fries,My question how they do not get sick from eating 4 month old rotten raw meat the husband even said"Thats got a tang taste to it"How are these kids or the parents not getting sick?

I have not seen the show, I have ate raw meat, but eating rotten meat???

SICK!

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan
    What i do not get is that they were sick eating a burger and fries,My question how they do not get sick from eating 4 month old rotten raw meat the husband even said"Thats got a tang taste to it"How are these kids or the parents not getting sick?
    Their bodies have adjusted to eating raw food and when you abrubtly and drastically change your diet, you're bound to get sick. Especially when you eat such greasy food for your first cooked meal in a long time! They should have gone with something that wouldn't have upset them quite so much.