57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 40.35%
  • No

12 21.05%
  • Some of them do(please list0

22 38.60%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are any of your fur,fin,scale,or feather kids names unique?

Hybrid View

Are any of your fur,fin,scale,or feather kids names unique?

Mine aren't.Zippy,Pumpkin,Piglet,Nemo,Coral,Libby,Ruby, and Sweet P.are all very common names.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

They're kinda in the middle. I rarely bump into another dog named Mandy, but I have met a few. However it's by no means unique. I've never met another dog named Nova, Luka or Buck. I've only run across one Buck, one Nova, and two or three dogs named Luca on a couple forums. And actually, the Lucas are all male and of course are spelled differently. I generally like more unique names, probably because my name is so common that I rarely even respond to it when people say it unless if it sounds like someone I know

I suppose a few would be considered unique:
    -Khaith
    -Garber
    -Durbin

where I live they are.......hehe theres no other Ninja or China around.......LOL

my birds are called Maui and Pablo.....not too unique but not too common either unless you are a person named Pablo.......haha , that one´s a peoples name here.......

I tend to like rare, unique, not so common names because I like them a LOT.....

sarah: I love Nova and more Luka, very unique names here too, but Luka has something about her I can´t explain.......Mandy and Buck I´ve heard a few times.......

zippy: other than zippy and pumpkin...I´ve heard before
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

We have never met - nor even heard of - another Miss Hoppy, though they may be out there somewhere!
    I've Been Frosted

I doubt there are many other gerbils named Nightshade!

Woohoo! I'm unique!

I expect there are plenty of other pets called Tia, Twilight and Ebony.

Zimbabwe 07/13

all of mine are original except Miagi and Jenny are unique. not everyone names their pets Miagi or Jenny. with the others, too common.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Not the least bit... I've met a few other Jen/Jenny/Jennifers.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Vita is Italian, meaning "life." When I got her from the shelter, they were just about to shut down adoptions do to n infection break out. They knew i'd been considering her and called me at work, as she wasn't showing any symptoms yet. I raced out of work and brought her back with me. All the other kitties there died from the infection. vita never showed any symptoms or problems.

Amber is usually a female's name. I haven't met other males. (Mr. Amber Cat - thought the kitten was a girl until I got in to the vet's; turned out to be a neutered male).

Sparkle is more common than I realized when I named her.
    Chestnut, Ruffles, Crystal, Cuddles and even Dazzle are all common. As are Ebony and Sugar.

I've never met another dog named Kai in person.. but I've come across a couple online. It's not that unique but not common either.

I've never come across another Kaedyn though... probably cause I made up the name by playing with the word "Cajun".

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    I've never met another dog named Kai in person.. but I've come across a couple online. It's not that unique but not common either.

I've never come across another Kaedyn though... probably cause I made up the name by playing with the word "Cajun".
    My Uncle Jake had a German Shepherd named Kai - it was actually short for Kaiser Wilhem, though, so maybe that doesn't count! I never got to pet him, as he was a guard dog before he was my uncle's, and didn't like little kids. Uncle Jake didn't want to take the chance that I'd go to hug Kai and get bitten! (The one scar on my face is from when I hugged a neighborhood dog that thought I was strangling him, so chomped my lip and I let go. I was just stunned,, more than hurt, I was probably four, and remember my mother very calmly explaining, as she bandaged my lip, that some dogs are just not "hugging dogs" and I should always ask before doing so.)
    I've Been Frosted

some of them:

Perky I dont hear often
    Toivo I have never heard before
    Happy I have never heard for a female before
    Kari isnt common
    Electra I have never heard before

the common and semi common names in my house:
    Checkers
    Puddin
    Ripley
    Misty
    Blair
    Kodiak
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Only one of my pets name can be considered unique, and that's my fishs name, Rio. I have never ever ever come across, even another animal named Rio, so I guess it is pretty uncommon. I hate the names I come up with, Sassy, Star, and Diamond are SO common.

ETA: One of my shrimps nam is pretty uncommon, his name is Jack Sparrow lol.
    Last edited by Alysser; 03-31-2007 at 10:01 AM.

While Sadie and Spot are not at all unique, Cincy is. I know of one other dog that was named Cincy (sorta where I got the idea). I'm sure there are others our there, but it isn'tone you run into everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    My friend's Lab is named Kaedyn, although she spells it Kadon