Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dear Incompetent Motorists...

I have deleted my original post. If anyone saw it, especially Redhedd, I apologize. I have a difference of opinion on cell phone usuage while driving, and maintain I can do it safely. I respect that others (even experts!) disagree with me.

To RH- we have a big difference of opinion. But, for me, I don't want it to put a distance between us, you are someone I have great respect for. Look at it this way, there isn't any chance I will harm you with my driving- we live too far apart.
    Last edited by Cataholic; 02-19-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Change of heart, I suppose

I just don't understand what call you have to make that could be so important that you MUST do it while driving. I mean it's nice to talk on the phone but why take the risk? To me it just isn't worth it. I can always talk to that person in a few minutes when I am not behind the wheel of a vehicle. I could hold the opinion that I am the be all and end all of great drivers but why do I have to prove it by using a cell phone? There could always be a time when I get into a particularly heated phone conversation and my mind wanders off from the road and suddenly I am in an accident.... now I can say over and over that it wasn't because of the phone but would I really believe it? to me it just is NOT worth that possibility. The world provides enough distractions as it is I don't need to add another to my repetoire.

BUT I hate driving period so I don't. My husband does all of the driving. Driving scares the h*ll out of me so it is best that I do not get behind the wheel.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

it's about dialing too, unless you suspect a unmarked policecar. "421-345..oops! 421-344 .. noo, that doesn't look right.. (searches for paper..) I was right, 42...." and you're dead.

three years ago, on my way to second last performance, I got whipped. first thing I saw in my rearview the woman behind me was glancing off the road at her cellphone multi-times.. I said to my passenger who was part of cast too, "let's hope she won't crash into us! tailgating makes me nervous, we cannot get hurt, I wish she'd get off the phone!!" I speed up a bit to pass the car on right of me so I could let her pass! until then I see she was far away from me.. then there was a traffic coming up, we stopped and I forgot all about her - boom!

(pencil flew out of friend's hand in slow motion) .. boom!

..then boom again. my car bounced off the van in front of me back to that cell driver's car. last thing I saw was her sleeping. dead.

drunk drivers vs cell drivers - reminds me - people got killed by donkey more than car crashes...it was true...don't know if it still stands a fact afterall so many crashes around here.

- I remember my first hit and run by a drunker. it was my first week of driving!! caught the license plate. lucky. honestly, I'd take cell drivers any day, it's shorter than drunk drivers! I'm a good multi-tasker but you never know what's out there by second to second...deers are world's favorite surprise. sigh.
    Last edited by sandragonfly; 02-19-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..