Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Embarrassing moments

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Ummmm you can't leave us in this kind of suspense! Did you fart, slap a guys butt thinking it was hubby standing there or what????
    It wasn't like that but very inappropriate... (unintentionally of course).

Kind of long but in the end it all ties toghether.

Part 1:
    The day before yesterday. I was looking at my bosses fish tank and made a comment to my boss (man) on how much the fish have grown and that they were big enough to eat. I was kidding of course and that was it. It was early in the morning and my co-worker hadn't gotten to the office yet.

Part 2: The day after (yesterday).
    A co-worker and I were talking about embarrassing drs. appointments in general (we were alone in the office) and I remembered an episode in which a FORMER supervisor of mine of a different company was looking for a particular drs. office. He was thinking out loud and said 'I wonder where blabla clinic is'.
    I knew where the place he was talking about was so I gave him directions. (It was a place for men to get snipped - don't ask how I know about it. I just did). He didn't know that anyone in the office knew what the place was so he got very red and embarrassed. Anyway, as I was telling this story to my co-worker yesterday my bosses start to walk in (husband and wife team). The husband was still in the hallway when the wife walked in. To not stop talking as soon as they walked in, I continued with my story and proceeded to tell my lady boss what I was talking about. I then presumed that the male boss heard what I said too since the door was open and the walls are so thin. I was already unconfortable to relay what we were talking about... anyway...

Part 3: Fast forward about 30 minutes later...
    My bosses get settled and my male boss (talking to my co-worker) says 'hey, did you know that Carmen wants to fillet my fish?' I was distracted and forgot about what I had said about his fish tank the day before. I thought he was referring to the snip snip story (which he didn't overhear afterall).
    I then stood up and said, OH No Mr. Bla bla, I wasn't talking about you. It was a former boss who got the snip. Then everyone started laughing... and I realized he was talking about the fish, not his fish....

UGH! So embarrassing.... I couldn't look at anyone in the eye for the rest of the day. My lady boss is a bit of a prude so I know she was unconfortable with what was said. Fortunately I have the day off today but I hope I can go to work on Monday without blushing again.

Pretty bad huh?
    Last edited by beeniesmom; 02-27-2009 at 02:08 PM.

I have had many embarrassing moments in my lifetime but this is one of the recent one. We were on a white water rafting trip on the Ocoee River in Eastern Tennessee. We had already been on a very exciting trip going through many drop offs and rapids that had adrenaline pumping bigtime. We were coming up on one of the last big drop offs when the helmsman ask “ who wants to ride the bull”. I had know idea what he was referring to but instinctively my hand flew up, because I am a chronic volunteer

I was suppose to sit on the bow of the raft as we went over the last big drop off. I was sitting there legs over the front of the bow and holding onto some ropes that were attached. When the moment came and the bow dropped off the fall, I was met by this wall of water that hit me in the chest and then I was airborne. When all the water settled i was laying in a girls lap in the back of the raft belly down. Everyone got a big laugh as I was fumbling trying to get out of her lap and back to my place with the raft churning.

I know that it took much less that 8 seconds for that bull to throw me but it seem like an eternity for me to get out that girls lap.

Oh Carmen, I feel your pain, but that is way too funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Oh Carmen, I feel your pain, but that is way too funny!!!
    I know... I can't think about it without getting into a laughing fit. OMG

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I know... I can't think about it without getting into a laughing fit. OMG

I'm laughing here too

I have a lot of embarrassing moments that have to do with having bad anxiety attacks in restaurants our other public places. I haven't had one in a few years, but I used to have them often. The last one was when I was at a restaurant with my husband and some friends. I ordered catfish and the waitress told me that they were out of catfish and she continued to stand there waiting for me to give her my alternate order. It all happened so fast that I couldn't control myself as my anxiety went into overdrive, I started crying and shaking uncontrollably. Justin asked the waitress to give us a few minutes.

This next one happened to my sister-in-law. She was on a missions trip in Romania. Along on the trip was the pastor, his daughter, and a few other church members. They were all eating in a restaurant together when my SIL and the pastor's daughter excused themselves and headed to the ladies room. The ladies room was upstairs. The two of them apparently had a pretty detailed conversation about their menstrual cycles while in the restroom. When the two returned to the table they were informed that the ladies room was right above their table and the floor was not very sound proof. The pastor and the other church member heard their entire conversation.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I am thinking I am thinking && In the mean time I am having Fun & Laughing at all of you alls funny times..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

A recent embarrasing moment for me:

A while back my boyfriend and I were going to a family dinner at his mother's house, I was to meet him there. He asked me if I could stop at the grocery store to pick up a few items that were needed. Not a problem! I was all dolled up and had on a nice pair of high heels. It had recently snowed that morning and the pavement was wet. I parked my car and walked in to the grocery store, grabbed a little basket and continued on towards the meat department. I was not paying attention, walking briskly, and talking to myself in my head trying to remember everything I needed to buy. Without warning WHAM! I'm on the ground! I slipped and had absolutely no way of catching myself! I bounced off of the meat cooler and landed hard on my hip and on top of the basket. My left foot was the one that slipped and the water on the floor sent it sliding in to my right foot which caused both of my legs to fly up in to the air out to my side. My shoulder hurt from hitting the cooler and my hip hurt from landing hard on the ground. As I laid there for a second to regain my composure I noticed that almost everyone in the grocery store was staring at me. So I quickly got up, wiped off my coat, picked up the basket and made no eye contact with anyone around me.

Oh yes, it was quite delightful to say the very least. At least I didn't break a heel off cause then I'd be in real big trouble.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb