Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing moments

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    The very first time my family was trying out the video camera we decided to go out in the yard and get some videos of Jenny (For you guys.. only I still haven't uploaded them) of course... This is winter in canada and it was very icy... My parents kept slipping and sliding everywhere... I guess my 11 years of ballet were paying off, because I was out in running shoes not slipping a bit. I kept bragging, anytime anyone would slip even the tiniest bit I would say "How can you be slipping?! It's not even slippery!" I must have said that 20 or so times. Grinning the whole time. Both my parents slipped about 20 times... but never fell.

Finally we arrived at our destination... The nice open fieldy-parts. We walked to the middle (everyone else still slipping and me still bragging about my balence) of the field and started taping Jenny as she ran artound on the ice at about 40mph. To make a long story short... halfway through the tape Jenny slipped on the ice and I turned around to look at her and- you guessed it- I slipped. My leg fell right out from under me and I has flat on the ice. My mom-without missing a beat said "Good thing it isn't slippery!"

The most embarassing part was I have the whole thing on camera!!! (my mom thinks we should send it to americas funniest home videos... Does anyone know if they accept canadian videos? )
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Lol, wow, interesting stories everyone!!

I haven't had anything too dramatic happen to me lately that I can remember. About 2 weeks ago, I was walking up the steps in the gym at our school to go sit with my boyfriend and good friend Matt. I had just got done with my basketball game, and had my dress clothes on because there was a dance afterwards. I had flip flops on, and when I was taking a step they got caught on the last one. I fell right on my face and landed with a big crash. A lot of people looked, but hardly anyone laughed, well, except for my boyfriend and Matt. I was so embarrased. Some of my other friends who were sitting on the opposite side of the gym came over to see if I was ok, turns out they saw the whole thing too...
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    oh... I just thought of something that happened more recentally-and much more embarassing- than the last tory. (and WAY more painful!!!)

We were playing floor hockey in gym... and I was running a bit faster then is probably advised for indoor sports... and two people (who didn't know how to play hockey... probably why this whole thing happened) stuck their sticks out right in front of me to try and steal the puck. And so I tripped over the three sticks that got caught on each other. I was MUCH closer to the wall then one should be when falling... and so, I fell and hit my head VERY forcefully on the wall. I had a concussion and everyone ran to see if I was okay when I blacked out... After wards I felt soooooooo stupid... Imagine... hitting your head on a concrete wall... doh! :O

I was actually really angry... because my friend told me guys were saying behind my back that they hoped I had brain damage because it'd make me less smart.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundGirl
    oh... I just thought of something that happened more recentally-and much more embarassing- than the last tory. (and WAY more painful!!!)

We were playing floor hockey in gym... and I was running a bit faster then is probably advised for indoor sports... and two people (who didn't know how to play hockey... probably why this whole thing happened) stuck their sticks out right in front of me to try and steal the puck. And so I tripped over the three sticks that got caught on each other. I was MUCH closer to the wall then one should be when falling... and so, I fell and hit my head VERY forcefully on the wall. I had a concussion and everyone ran to see if I was okay when I blacked out... After wards I felt soooooooo stupid... Imagine... hitting your head on a concrete wall... doh! :O

I was actually really angry... because my friend told me guys were saying behind my back that they hoped I had brain damage because it'd make me less smart.

Oh yeah, and then you got water everywhere and Hillary and I were trying to clean it up. Lol.

An embarrasing moment for me would have to be when I went skating the other day. There were hockey nets out during a public skate, and I was skating backwards around a corner, and I tripped on the corner of the hockey net, grabbed on to the net part, got my hand trapped in it, and my butt was soaked with water (the zamboni just went over it). I left the rink after that.

Another one was when I went fishing a couple years ago. I stepped out onto a large rock. I didn't realize it was really slippery, so I stayed on. I cast my line and then I slipped and fell right into the river. We didn't have any towels so I had to take the long car ride home soaking wet.

We were rehersing for the Christmas Concert at my school a few years ago. I was singing, then a guy beside me starts to pick off this huge scab on his hand and it starts bleeding like crazy. I fainted on stage in front of all the other people in the choir and all the teachers.

There were these girls in my class a couple years ago who couldn't keep secrets at all. I thought I could trust one of them, so I told her the guy who I liked. Big mistake. She went and told all the other girls AND the friends of the guy I liked, so then they told him too. I didn't want him to know, or anyone else. I haven't told any of my other secrets to her since.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundGirl
    Ah, jealousy's a fickle thing, Michelle. Just think, these poor, braindead people have nothing to be superior to, and the only way to bring a little satisfaction into their miserable lives is to bring other's down with them. How very sad.

As I'm sure I've mentioned to someone before on PT:

These idiots are just a blot on the beautiful landscape of your life!

Zimbabwe 07/13

LOL. I have a good one.

My brother and his family were moving and we were all over there to help. family, friends, co workers etc etc. it was hot that day but it started out chilly in the morning. I put tear away pants on and by mid afternoon I had them undone up to my knees.

After we got everything moved over we had a huge pile of boxes to break down. My mom started picking away at the tape and slowly breaking down each box.... it was driving me crazy LOL I like to do things the fastest way possible... even if it's the wrong way LOL. So of course in front of everyone I loudly exclaim "that's going to take forever the way you are doing it. let me show you a faster way." I proceeded to put the box on the ground taped side up. I was going to stomp through the tape.

Little did I know my other foot was standing on the pant leg of the leg I was going to use to do that stomping. I lifted up my leg and heard "snap snap snap snap" and my pants fell to the ground. there I was standing in nothing but my underwear with my pants around my ankles. I was in shock. I stood there for a few seconds and didn't move. finally I snapped out of it.... picked up my pants and ran in the house. I was so embarrassed. i was laughing so hard I was crying LOL.

My mom was laughing so hard she had to run to the bathroom because she was afraid she was going to pee her pants. Everyone laughed for like 20 minutes uncontrollably. the laughter finally subsided and I stepped back out into the yard and the laughter broke out again.

I went into work the following monday onlly to hear all my co workers and bosses giving me cat calls and and singing "da da da dun da da" and handing me boxes to break down. LOL

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

My most embrassing moment happened about six years ago. My friend Fazey and I had gone to high school together and have been friends for over 30 years. I was attending her daughter's graduation party when this happened. Fazey married a dairy farmer and lives in an old farm house in the courtry. The party was mostly held outdoors on picnic tables. I came by myself and I was wearing a blue paintsuit. I was sitting on a picnic table talking to a couple when a woman came over and started to sit down next to me with her plate of food, so being the polite person I am I scooted over. WELL, I now had a ton of splinters in my butt from the picnic table. I jumped up and at first had no idea what to do. Fazey was busy with all the guests, I had a 40 minute drive home, I couldn't sit down because of the splinters. I walked around a bit, trying to decide what to do. Finally our mutual friend arrived, there was Holly, another high school friend. Thank you God. I pulled her aside and told her what happened, she was laughing so hard the tears where rolling down her eyes. We went inside into the only bathroom in this house. I pulled my pants and panties down while Holly found a tweezer and for the next 15 minutes pulled the splinters out of my butt. Needless to say we were laughing so hard and telling jokes and after a bit people where knocking on the door, wondering what was going on in there and needing to use the bathroom. You know you have a good friend when they pull splinters out of your butt, that is all I can say.

I

I just realized both of my embarrassing stories involve the washroom...

I went with my best friend to Walt Disney World for her birthday. We go to a nice restaurant for birthday dinner. It's the end of the meal and I go to the ladies' room before we return to the hotel. Some of you might remember broomstick skirts, I had one with a drawstring waist that had little metal beads on it that jingled as I walked. Anyhow, I step out of the washroom with the hem of my skirt (it's a broomstick skirt - all those tiny little pleats - we're talking yards of fabric here) and my slip caught in the elastic waist band of my underwear. I get past maybe 4 or 5 tables when my friend shoves me back into the ladies' room as fast as she can. Unfortunately, everyone at those 4 or 5 tables saw my embarrassing blunder.

It's New Year's Eve, my junior year of college so we are talking mid '80s, big hair and big shoulder pads, 20+ years ago already. I'm with my two best friends at the time, we'd been hanging out at my house playing Monopoly and watching Dick Clark on TV. After midnight we decide to go get a quick drink since it is New Year's Eve, right? We order and I go to the ladies' room. Instead of being marked men/women the doors have those little figure signs on them - now, you have to believe me when I tell you I had not been drinking at all - I start to push open the men's room door by accident and even before I can process what I've done this guy goes, "Uh, honey, you belong on the other side." I was absolutely, 100% sober! My two girlfriends kept an eye out for the guy while I tried to hide my face.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hmmm I've had several mortifying experiences but I think I must have blocked out the worst(as many have mentioned)

I do remember a few though. Last night my family and I went out to se Music and Lyrics and we had a good time and everything.... dun dun dun until we decided to have a nice, normal dinner at Island's. Have any of you ever heard fo those crazy, persnickety customers? That's my mom I had a bad feeling when we went in to the place and I instantly remembered why. Everything was fine for a while until my mom realized her burger wasn't the tiniest bit right. By this time my sister and I were pleading with my dad to get my mom to shut up and cool off. Events lead to events, and soon the mangaer popped up and my sister and I practically died under the table(yes, we were trying to hide, didn't work unfortunately). My mom went off for about 5 minutes and kept repeating the same thing over and over again. Finally the manager was free and I turned to the manager and said sorry in the most horrified voice ever. I'll think of more embarassing moments of course, I have too many, and I'll post them. For now, just hope you don't get my mom as a customer... she has a reputation in several restaurants

Yet Another One

Yesterday I was walking into school and I tripped on my pants and fell flat on my face. Everyone was just staring at me. I got a mouth full of grass. And if that wasn't bad enough, I got onto the sidewalk and fell there too. I skinned my knee and ripped my pants ALL THE WAY up one side and on my knee. And my legs weren't shaved so everyone saw hairy legs.

I had a really embarrassing moment today at work .... I can't even write about it...
    I have no idea where my brain was.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I had a really embarrassing moment today at work .... I can't even write about it...
    I have no idea where my brain was.
    Ummmm you can't leave us in this kind of suspense! Did you fart, slap a guys butt thinking it was hubby standing there or what????
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I was in grade 11 - lunch hour
    I was very unpopular but this one day I had a new dress on and felt "pretty" for the first time
    I went to the bathroom
    After washing my hands I checked my dress, and walked out.
    I strutted all the way down the hall to my locker
    It was then that I suddenly realized that my dress was stuck in my pantyhose at the back.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

The one that instantly comes to mind is the story of Wild Island...

Wild Island is a water slide park in Reno. One summer in high school, My friend convinced me to go spend a day at this place, dispite my protests. After dumping people off of rafts in the lazy river pool (this is relevant to the story as I think it was THIS that gave me bad karma) I decided to try one of the more exotic slides. In line, I was kind of staring at the hunky life guard and after my turn I went to walk past him to get in line again. I slipped oh so gracefully on the wet concrete and landed flat on my butt right as I passed. He of course checked if I was ok, and helped me up but I was sooo embarased. I hid from that slide the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Did you fart, slap a guys butt thinking it was hubby standing there or what????
    This reminds me of someone else's most embarrassing moment! Many years ago we were visiting a congregation one Sunday morning in another town. As we stood to sing I noticed a teenage girl slap my dad on his bum. I thought it was odd. After the meeting, the young girl's father came up to my dad to apologize to him. It seems that she thought that my dad was her dad! My dad was delivering the Bible discourse that morning. The girl had kept her head down the entire time! My thought has always been, why would she have been slapping her dad in the first place? That's something that I would never have thought of doing to my dad...ever, then or now! LOL