Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog's Ear Severed & Glued On By Groomer

That is absolutely terrible, poor poor dog. I honestly cannot even see how you could slip and cut the entire ear off...I've seen cuts happen at my work, moving animals and sharp objects, well, accidents happen...but that is just insane. ANY injury no matter how small is immediately reported to our manager who decides whether it requires a trip to the vet. Most people on here think independent groomers are better than chain stores, and that is the case for some, but every groomer we've hired that came from an independent salon said at their other shop they used glue on cuts instead of taking them to a vet.

With my temper the groomer would be looking like Van Gogh.

That is the most shameful and disgusting thing I have ever heard.

I hope the groomer is charged with animal abuse, and anything else they can charge her with.

How heartless and STUPID could you be? Didn't she think the ear would start decomposing sooner or later?

The poor pup.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I would think a person that unintelligent would appear to be so upon first sight. I can't believe a person would even have a grasp on human speech that is ignorant enough to think that would fool anyone. Poor dog. I am not a physically violent person, but, I think that would test me. I know I'd have to let loose a barrage of unpleasant words, though.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

That's horrible, POOR DOG and Poor owner.
    Disgusting!

----<---<--<{(@

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    That is absolutely terrible, poor poor dog. I honestly cannot even see how you could slip and cut the entire ear off...I've seen cuts happen at my work, moving animals and sharp objects, well, accidents happen...but that is just insane. ANY injury no matter how small is immediately reported to our manager who decides whether it requires a trip to the vet. Most people on here think independent groomers are better than chain stores, and that is the case for some, but every groomer we've hired that came from an independent salon said at their other shop they used glue on cuts instead of taking them to a vet.
    I agree, that is CRAZY. I don't know how it is physically possible to accidently cut OFF a dog's entire ear! I've cut dogs before - EVERY groomer in the world has accidently cut a dog before. But to cut an ear OFF?!?!

I own an independent grooming shop, and I take any animal to the vet that needs it. It doesn't happen often, but any grooming shop that tells you it NEVER happens is lying. I would never glue a cut that required vet care.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    I agree, that is CRAZY. I don't know how it is physically possible to accidently cut OFF a dog's entire ear! I've cut dogs before - EVERY groomer in the world has accidently cut a dog before. But to cut an ear OFF?!?!

I own an independent grooming shop, and I take any animal to the vet that needs it. It doesn't happen often, but any grooming shop that tells you it NEVER happens is lying. I would never glue a cut that required vet care.
    I never said you would do that or that all independent groomers are bad (I can't count how many people have said all Petco/Petsmart groomers are horrible. I guarantee if it happened at one of those everyone would be saying that again. )....that's just been the case with several groomers we've hired locally that came from independent shops. Finding good people around here is really difficult. I never in any way meant to imply anything bad about your shop, just my personal experience with the independent groomers I have worked with. I agree, any grooming salon that says cuts never happen are lying, it happens...but this case was no simple accident...poor dog.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    I never said you would do that or that all independent groomers are bad (I can't count how many people have said all Petco/Petsmart groomers are horrible. I guarantee if it happened at one of those everyone would be saying that again. )....that's just been the case with several groomers we've hired locally that came from independent shops. Finding good people around here is really difficult. I never in any way meant to imply anything bad about your shop, just my personal experience with the independent groomers I have worked with. I agree, any grooming salon that says cuts never happen are lying, it happens...but this case was no simple accident...poor dog.
    I know you weren't implying that. I didn't mean to imply that you were implying. LOL

And I agree ... not a simple accident at all.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Poor dog. Did this idiot groomer think that she could crazy glue the dog's ear back and not be noticed???? *shakes head, rolls eyes* Unbelievable!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!