Thread: Is she allergic?

Is she allergic?

Okay, so my cat Lexi is a spazz. When she gets near catnip, she goes crazy. We gave her a catnip mouse for valentines day yesterday, I had to take it away this morning so I could get some sleep ;]

This morning my mom found a little...not a blister, but a little raw red thing on her mouth. She used to have this alot, my vet called it cat acne or something. But she also hasn't had catnip in a while. I was wondering if there's a chance that she might be allergic. Has any of your cats ever been allergic to catnip?

My vet, when she had them before, said to watchit but basically it wasn't important. We took the catnip away because (a) we couldn't sleep at night and (b) my dog kept eating it.

What do you think? I'll put pictures of it on if I have a chance :/
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

To my knowledge allergies in pets typically show up as skin and ear problems. I've never heard of an allergy to catnip, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Although from what I know 'kitty acne' is usually more like blackheads on the chin, not red, and raw areas on the mouth. Has you cat been to the vet recently for this? and were the teeth checked then? Teeth problems frequently cause red raw areas around the mouth and gums.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022