Thread: Arkansas Traveler...

Arkansas Traveler...

Cat travels from Arkansas to Florida

February 15, 2007

FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. --Pickles the cat is in a predicament a long way from her Arkansas home. The calico feline from Bismarck, Ark., stowed away in a moving van unloading furniture at a neighboring home. The truck's driver, who is highly allergic to cats, discovered her the next day in Fort Walton Beach. He packaged her inside a moving box with holes and contacted the Panhandle Animal Welfare Society. He also tracked down her owners.

Now Pickles is waiting to return to Arkansas.

"(The dad) said he tried to book a charter flight, but that was $3,000," said Dee Thompson-Poirrier, of the Panhandle Animal Welfare Society.

But Ryan Clayton, Pickles' owner, said he would do what he has to so she gets home.

"One way or another, she's going to come back to Arkansas before too long," Clayton told the Northwest Florida Daily News.

The shelter is sending a gift home with Pickles, an airbrushed T-shirt with the words "My cat went to Fort Walton Beach and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

I would proudly wear that shirt if I was her owner.... I hope I never have that happen to one of mine. Poor Pickles, had to be scared to death!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That Story Would Please The Original Arkansas Traveler Bob Burns And His Musical Bazooka.
    And Its Great That Pickles Is Headed Home Soon.
    Thats A Happy Ending.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS