Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of American Accent do you have?

What Kind of American Accent do you have?

http://gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

I got the West..which is right on.. i lived in California most of my life and am in Arizona now

"Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta."

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I want to have an accent! I think it would be so cool to have one!
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I'm from Northern Indiana... so maybe just a little close?
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I have a Pittsburgh accent! As a matter of fact, I believe we have our own language. We say phrases like "reading up a room", "Slippy" as in a slippy snow covered road, "telepole",for telephone pole, "gumbans", for rubber bands, "pop", for soda, and the ever popular "yinz", for you people. There are a lot more.

No surprise here - Boston accent, it says. But real Bostonians sound different than I do, as I don't drop Rs like the broader accented ones do.
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Sometimes people tell me they think I have an accent and ask me where I'm from. I tell them that I've lived in Scotland, Taiwan, Pakistan, Turkey, California and Alaska. But, they swear I have a "southern" accent. It must be all these years married to an "Okie".

I guess the Midland accent is from my parents -- who are both from southern Illinois.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Im Midland. and well actually im from pennsylvania so it was right!

According to the quiz, I have a Boston accent! Not too bad considering I was born and raised in Pitsburgh. I guess people in Pittsburgh and Boston have the same accent.

What American accent do you have? Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

The south- borderline was West right behind it...

What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

Yup, Southern California born and raised. Sadly, I don't think SoCal surfers have accents though; maybe different vocab, but that's it dude.

I have a midland accent:

What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The Midland

Not surprising since I spent most of my life in Iowa!

Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard

HA!!! I never realized I had a Philly accent (But I DO live very close to Philadelphia)

The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

How true it is!

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

How true it is!
    AMEN!! But west was pretty high on the scale behind it.. YA'ALL... LOL