Thread: Dose anyone know any good sites for paint pallets?

Dose anyone know any good sites for paint pallets?

I'm re-doing my room and I can't find any sites that show those strips of paint. don't know what the right name for them are. I thought maybe someone on here would know some sites.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Take a look at this: http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorcmyk.html

Try this one too, and then click Launch Color Visualizer and go from there.
    http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_i.../paint_colors/

Then, there's Pantone colors.

Happy painting!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

That's because colors you see on your monitor are never accurate to what you would see when you paint your wall. On a monitor, all colors have light showing through them, on a wall, light shines ON them, which changes colors considerably. That doesn't even take into account the calibration and accuracy of an individual's monitor. You'd be better off going to any store like Home Depot, Lowe's or any local gardware store, they will have colors and swatches there.
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, I agree with Karen, you're better off going to a paintshop and borrow one of their swatches. The # for the different colors will be entirely different from those used on the web, and Pantone. However, you can get an idea of what you want.

Careful when you pick a color.... once it's up on a big surface, it will appear darker than you might have thought.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You also need to check an actual swatch in the lighting of your room. Even though I pick paints for a living, I chose a color called pewter for my mudroom, thinking it was a pretty pale silver.... ummmm.... its pale lavendar in the mudroom because I have flourescent lighting in there instead of incandescent. The difference in lighting was enough to hide the purple tones under the yellowish incandescent light, but the bright white of flourescent showed up all the purple tones. If anyone should know better about choosing colors in hte room theyr're intended for, its me! Oh well, I'll repaint again in the spring

Oh, and to answer your question, Ben Moore has a great site Ben Moore

As for paint chips, you can pick them up anywhere: Wal Mart, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot.... basically anyone who sells paint.

Thanks guys. I know nothing about painting so I'm sure my parents will help. So far I chose Feverish pink .
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee