Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just hit me over the head.....

Just hit me over the head.....

I just agreed to try to foster this guy

Now I'm waiting to see if they will "let" me foster him. They know Pouncer's still off-and-on sick and Harry's been bullying him.

His name is Promise (aka Smokey.) He's front pawed declawed, 7 years old and majorly depressed since his human died and his bonded buddy was adopted to someone else without him. He is the consumate lap kitty and an all around sweetheart. Everyone at Petsmart LOVES him but he doesn't show well to potential adopters. He is so depressed that the ONLY eway he'll eat is if you sit there and pet him while he eats.

I think he'll be a good buddy for Pouncer and help relieve stress (of course after the stress of the introductions subside) All Pouncer really wants is a cuddle buddy and playmate. I'm hoping that Promise would be a good match for him.

If I get him, it will be a long term foster. I will not take him, let him get adapted to my home only to have him ripped out to go to another foster home. The only way he'd leave is for his forever home. I HATE the name Promise, Smokey's not bad. Any name ideas if I do get him?

PS: is anyone surprised that he's a brown tabby?

Oh how sad to lose his owner and best buddy. How about Buddy for a name? I sure hope he gets comfortable soon and the depressions subsides.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

*DOINK* Yeah, right .. "long term foster" !
    He is precious and definitely deserving of a loving home like yours! Gosh, and he will certainly blend in! He looks alot like my Harvey!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Isn't that the sweetiest FACE!!!!! Awwwww! He is just adoreable and will fit in at your ever so purfect! It is so sad when they loose their owners and don't understand.. I LOVE HIM already!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hahahahaha!! Did Joyce sucker you, or did Kathy?!

I was talking to a woman who went to see him at PS, but said that he "wasn't what she was looking for". Ummmm... she wants an unfriendly, unplayful cat??!!

This guy is GORGEOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I just agreed to try to foster this guy

Now I'm waiting to see if they will "let" me foster him. They know Pouncer's still off-and-on sick and Harry's been bullying him.

His name is Promise (aka Smokey.) He's front pawed declawed, 7 years old and majorly depressed since his human died and his bonded buddy was adopted to someone else without him. He is the consumate lap kitty and an all around sweetheart. Everyone at Petsmart LOVES him but he doesn't show well to potential adopters. He is so depressed that the ONLY eway he'll eat is if you sit there and pet him while he eats.

I think he'll be a good buddy for Pouncer and help relieve stress (of course after the stress of the introductions subside) All Pouncer really wants is a cuddle buddy and playmate. I'm hoping that Promise would be a good match for him.

If I get him, it will be a long term foster. I will not take him, let him get adapted to my home only to have him ripped out to go to another foster home. The only way he'd leave is for his forever home. I HATE the name Promise, Smokey's not bad. Any name ideas if I do get him?

PS: is anyone surprised that he's a brown tabby?

Kathy has so far kept quiet about me fostering him. I'm sure she'd let me have him if nobody else steps forward -- she's very concerned about Pouncer's health and that Harry would look at Promise as another kitty to bully. Ha, but what does she expect when she asks me ot go and photograph the boy for the Petfinder website? She KNOWS I can't resist brown tabbies!

Kinda sounds like a set-up to me!

Aww, look at that face; it screams "love me!".

Nah, I can't see him anywhere else but in Tabbyland...............
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

FOSTER??????

Hmmmm... still no word from the rescue. I know she is uncertain about letting me foster because of Pouncer's health. I worry about his health too, but on the same page, I think this boy would be good for Pouncer. Poor boy gets stressed because all he wants is someone to snuggle with but all he gets is into wrestling matches.

Oh, oh, oh! I think I might have a home for him! I emailed a friend last night who lost ehr cat a few months ago. She wanted a declawed siamese, but I emailed her his picture anyway. He tugged at her heart strings and she's thinking of maybe adopting him, and then a siamese kitten in a few months. Oh! I'm excited!

Aww, he's a gorgeous boy and he has the sweetest face!! I love brown tabbies! If you aren't going to keep him, I do hope he'll end up in loving home where he gets spoilt as he deserves! So sad that his owner died.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Tabbyville is the place for him!!.......

we know what you meant by "long term fostering"........aka "lifetime" fostering.......come on Kim.......we know it.........
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

He's a sweetheart and what's one more eh?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

What will you or she rename him?? Did Joyce pick the name Promise, or did he come with that name?? Sometimes I don't understand her choice in names... Who has the one kitty "Sweet Baby", who definitely DOES NOT live up to her name! I thought she'd bite my hand off!!

I wish we could get some of those Feline Leukemia kittens at the shelter adopted. They are so sweet and so affectionate!! It's a shame they're positive. I wish that family who owns the farm would be more responsible for their animals (cats and dogs included).

Moose The Magnificent Would Love It If You Called Him Moose.
    He Would Love To Have A Cat That He Can Be A Guardian Angel To.
    And Noone Here Will Hit You Over The Head As They Know That You Are Doing This Out Of Love, And Thats The Best Reason There Is To Do Anything.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS