Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Run Hillary Run- bumper sticker thread

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    That's the beauty of the American way... we all want something until it adversely affects us. It's just plain old human nature.

So many have posted and maintained that everyone should pay the same amount (% of income earned)! PERIOD. That's it! It is unfair and downright puishment to charge someone "who has worked hard to be succesful" a slightly hegher percent.

But on a similar note, you perhaps now think that it is unfair (or at least stupid) to charge you the same amount (%) of your $100,000.00 as someone who lives somewhere else (with a lower costs of living).

SO... are you suggesting it would be "fairer" or at least "less stupid" to tax you less???

I think that the answer or comeback to your implication is that "we are all free to move to where ever we like". Usually the higher costs of living in a given area warrants a higher pay wage for the same job. I find that to be very true in my industry. Someone doing my job in Los Angeles will generally make 3-4 times more than I. I could move to L.A, but my financial gains would easily be offset by my higher costs of living.
    AH see now that is a good point that I didn't think about.

In New York City the cost of living is outrageous. 100,000 a year is like 20,000 a year here. Very good point.
    but different states have different taxes.

just like in Canada. Not everyone pays the same tax as Ontario but ontario is the most heavily populated.

HAHA just a funny side note. I was looking at population charts for Canada the other day. Ontario is the most populated lol the least populated was the Yukon and the population was something like 30 LOL

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I am saying the current " tax system" especially the income tax, has removed so much you can write off ( except your mortgage payment) its not right. As far as which way to go- I am not sure.
    I am not really sure how a bumper sticker thread turned into taxes- but it is interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    I am saying the current " tax system" especially the income tax, has removed so much you can write off ( except your mortgage payment) its not right. As far as which way to go- I am not sure.
    I am not really sure how a bumper sticker thread turned into taxes- but it is interesting to read.
    Because the bumper sticker was political in nature.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Because the bumper sticker was political in nature.
    Obviously.. But Taxes are more decided by the states...

Obviously.. But Taxes are more decided by the states...
    Taxes are an important political topic. The bumper sticker was political in nature. If the bumper sticker was about dogs are kids who are honor roll students I could understand you being surpised.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Taxes are an important political topic. The bumper sticker was political in nature. If the bumper sticker was about dogs are kids who are honor roll students I could understand you being surpised.
    Not totally surprised- just commenting. ...

Bobs Dad

You've hit the nail right on the head old mate....you are so right.
    Wombat

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    My Dad sent 5 kids to college (most of us took out Federal loans) on less than 12K a year. Believe me, a "gravedigger" didn't make much money in the 60's.

No-one "likes" paying taxes, but I am sure that the government didn't get rich off my Dad's paycheck. I am also sure that he was thankful that his "fair share" was a slightly less % than the CEO's of the Cemetery.

""I am not really sure how a bumper sticker thread turned into taxes- but it is interesting to read.""

Because lower income earners would pay more of a percentage of their income to buy a bumper sticker than those on a higher income ???? LOL
    Wombat

9. FICA...which is retirement income, medicare, death and disablity payments is split into two pieces. The first part - retirement is 6.2% on income up to a maximum of around $95,000 (it goes up every year) and 1.45% for medicare. That totals 7.65%. Your employer matches that contribution and pays exactly the same dollar amount on your behalf.

Unless you are self-employed as I am. I pay 15.3%.

Most people pay around 25% of their income in federal taxes.

10. Bob's Dad...the other "fairness" aspect of the cap on FICA is there is a cap on earnings FROM Social Security...the amount you get upon retirement is pegged to your income while working but there is a maximum so ... in return...there is a maximum contribution.