Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cats opening doors

Spunky and Ralph Syracuse were able to open the ' fridge and the freezer doors. I placed childproof locks on both doors. Even though both are at the Bridge, I have not removed the locks. I chuckle every time I open those doors and think how easily those cats were able to open them!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

MY cat Smokey can open doors and cupboards. He also is great at getting up into the "treat" cupboard and getting the trear pouch and bringing it to me.

All four of my cats open doors

I have installed eye hook latches on the doors needing to be closed. I found out the hard way that they can all work the door knobs until something happens. None of them yell, they just paw at the door or door knob until either I get tired of hearing it or they tire of trying. Lucy does most of her work on her back and then will resort to the door knob when necessary.

Cabinets are a free for all around here. I don't understand what is so facinating about pots and pans.

My favorite trick is Miley carrying bags of food around. She must think they are treats and will deliver little bags of spices, nuts, dried fruit, you name it. The other day she carried a wrapped sandwich that was on a plate in the dining room, into my bedroom and dropped it next to me while I was in bed. Guess she thought it was lunch time for MOM! She has even carried canned cat food into the living room. Hey Mom, get off your %$# and feed me!

My big boy Lyle learned how to open heavy wooden sliding doors when he was a kitten. He has now moved on to removing the dowl rod I use to keep the china cabinet closed. He just has to play with the pretty dishes. They are all still trying to figure out the screen door.
    Too many pets? What's that?

That's why they have all those fingers and toes We have to keep all outside doors locked at all times cuz little Miss Eve jumps up and opens them We have the Euro handles and she figured those out in 30 seconds

Also on the list are cupboard doors and yes cupboard drawers - she knows she can pull the handle and if she swings just right - it opens The only door she can't seem to muster is the refrigerator - good thing too There is not much point in closing the bathroom door cuz that's just an invitation for our little miss to come busting in!

Gotta love cats
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Open door cat

I used to have a long bathroom with the toilet at one end and the entrance at the other. My cat learned to pull on the handle and push the door wide open, meow as if to say “How dare you close any door in my house” and leave. Problem is now the door is wide open, about ten feet away and I am stuck finishing my business with the door wide open. Still you got to love them.

WagarCat