Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ragdoll(?) Kittens/ Pa *urgent Help Needed*

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Ragdoll(?) Kittens/ Pa *urgent Help Needed*

*CROSSPOSTING* this from a digest I'm subscribed to. Not an appropriate place to try placing cats so I thought I'd post here in hopes someone here could help these kittens. I'd hate to think they were dumped at a farm! I have no clue what the original post said, but it sounds urgent. Post below with contact info I hope.
    1. Re: Cat update
    Posted by: "[email protected]" [email protected] feline95630
    Date: Sun Feb 4, 2007 2:18 pm ((PST))

In a message dated 2/4/2007 1:27:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
    Greynolds4104 writes:

Hello all, this is Galene, the cat rescuer from PA. The family that had
    owned the cats I have been writing about went back to their trailer and found
    another of the lost ones. So, while I still have four cats, one of the
    original ones found a home today. The Calico found a home, which is such good news.

I do however still have to find homes for the remaining ones ASAP. I have
    TWO ragdoll cats, the female has the distinctive markings and the male is
    solid grey, yet still handsome. Guessing I would say these two siblings are six
    months at the most.

I also have a solid grey short hair male, he is between a year to a year and
    a half.

The newest one is a pretty little white with grey female, very loveable.

They are all extremely affectionate and have beautiful purr-motors. I just
    need to get them into homes ASAP. I cannot keep them in my basement any
    longer, so unfortunately after this Tuesday or Wednesday, they may have to go to
    a farm. This is not the ideal situation as we all know, but I am running out
    of time, so I am begging all of you for help. I have plenty of food for
    them, but I just can't keep them because of my landlord situation and I already
    have a houseful of critters of my own. They all need shots and
    spayed/neutered.

Please contact me ASAP to help these babies find homes. I have contacted
    all of the friends, my kids have talked to their friends and ad infinitum, but
    we are running out of time. So, once more, please contact me.
    I have reached out to numerous organizations and I am not getting any
    further. I have a message going to the Ragdoll Rescue organization as I type.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I just sent an E-mail, I am hoping I can help.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I am sending them a message right now. I know I am a bit aways, but maybe there is something I can do.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

It sounds like the person posting is now on the west coast since the posting gave Pacific Standard Time, but comes originally from PA. All I can do is contact her and ask if she's been in touch with the Ragdoll rescue in Oregon.

I emailed too.

If anyone hears anything, please share the info here.

The woman Galene is probably "Greynolds4104" and I'm guessing it may be @aol.com? Probably wouldn't hurt to email both her and [email protected] (or try). I think Galene emailed "Jalust" regarding the situation, and one is on the West Coast, and Galene is in PA. Too bad there's not more info to go by, and allow for some time to help. *sigh* Thanks PTers! Any ideas to avoid kittens being farmed out is great.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

Good idea...I am going to email her right now.

www.rornfp.org

I emailed the other person as well! Thanks for the heads up!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Thanks for your help! Let me know if anyone hears back, or finds out anymore info on this. If there was a way to transport them up here, I'm sure eventually homes could be found, but I'm at maximum capacity here, and would need alternative fostering for them. PA. isn't that far from MA. Shelters up here are thin on cats, and kittens get snagged up fast.
    Author Unknown ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by QueenScoopalot
    Shelters up here are thin on cats, and kittens get snagged up fast.
    It's a great pity that routine transport can't be set up between your area and Georgia, their shelters are constantly overflowing with kittens. I'm trying not to read CriticalPetsRescue any more because it's so heartbreaking. I can't help them and it's depressing to know that the very young faces you see one day are in a landfill the next.

I just got an e-mail from the woman, here is what she said

That is the best news I have gotten so far! We live in Cogan Station just outside of Williamsport. These littel sweeties are something really special. I am not sur ehow much information was posted because so many people are trying to help these little ones find homes, but I have four cats/kittens to find homes. I have two Ragdoll kittens that are roughly six months old, one is the typical marked coloring, absolutely gorgeous kitten and she knows she is 'special'. The other Ragdoll is a little solid grey long hair boy who desperately needs to find a home and get veterinary care. He has a cold and runny eyes. The poor little guy has such a sweet personailty and purrs like crazy when he is feling good.
    Then we have the solid short hair male cat that is roughly a year to a year and a half. He is so a pleasure to be around and the other cat that is also about a year old was just relocated and brought to me yesterdayis a little girl. Her name is S'mores. She is mostly white with grey markings. Very nice little lady.

The female Ragdoll is named Mocha and her little brother was named "Kyree", but I have been calling him Sniffles and he seems to respond to that quite nicely.

The solid grey short hair little guy's name is Jynx, but I call him my little escape artist. I have half of my basement blocked off for htem to have free run, but this little guy keeps discovering a way into the other side, so he is happy to greet us as we go downstairs.

None of them have been neutered to the best of our knowledge, the younger two were dropped off on my friend's lap and she had just adopted the other two, so she hasn't had anything done with them. I have six cats and a husky of my own, in fact, just adopted the sixth one two weeks ago, so we have our handsful financially and vets around here don't like to offer any support out of the kindness of their hearts, but I know little Sniffles has got to be seen soon.

Please get in touch with me ASAP to let me know if you are still interested. I sincerely appreciate you contacting me and I hope that we can connect for these little critters' sake.

Thanks again.. Galene
    Just sent her back an e-mail, we are making plans, i will keep you all updated!.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Terrific! So was Galene's email aol.com? They all sound scrumptious, and I'm praying they aren't thrown into a barn, especially this time of the year. With one already being sick, it will probably be downhill from there if he's to become a barn cat. I hope something can be worked out for all of them, not just the kittens. Please tell Galene to hold onto them until something works out...beg, beg! I won't bombard her with yet another email, but appreciate knowing things are moving in the right direction (I hope).
    If anyone finds out the whole story, can you post it here? Jan
    Author Unknown ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by QueenScoopalot
    Terrific! So was Galene's email aol.com? They all sound scrumptious, and I'm praying they aren't thrown into a barn, especially this time of the year. With one already being sick, it will probably be downhill from there if he's to become a barn cat. I hope something can be worked out for all of them, not just the kittens. Please tell Galene to hold onto them until something works out...beg, beg! I won't bombard her with yet another email, but appreciate knowing things are moving in the right direction (I hope).
    If anyone finds out the whole story, can you post it here? Jan
    yes her E-mail is [email protected], I will definitely do my best to have her hold them, till we can work together and find homes. If all else fails, i will take them all, and try to foster them out myself. But I sure hope that they can all find a great home. They sound just adorable! I sure hope this works out! Loki would love to have a friend!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Galene emailed me as well. She is getting a hold of some other rescue groups in her area and asked if I come up with anything to let her know. If anybody has suggestions, please let me know. Like I said, I am kind of a ways away, but I willing to do what I can.

www.rornfp.org

Wonderful!!! Thank you for helping, and for responding. Are you fairly close to Galene? Mapquest shows you're close to the PA. border, and hopefully Galene's willing to do some driving if needed to get them the help. I hope it's a purrfect ending for these cats. Do you have any idea what their story is? Jan
    Author Unknown ~*~