Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: URGENT situation with Kt_luvs_kitties and the outside cats!!update 2/19 NEW PICS

Alright, no problem. Go ahead and PM it to me...I'll see if I can find a way to pack it LOL. I am leaving for work right now-actually kind of late-and won't be home until after 11 tonight. But I will be able to ship it tomorrow morning, if that's okay. Just let me know.

Just pm'd you the address. Thanks so much!
    Melissa

Borzoimom was talking about how she has several large dog crates - maybe PM her and ask about them?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

ok thanks!

Does Katie need food, dishes ect. Supplies at all???? I could see if I could pull some things together we are all big animal lovers at work I could see what I could put together. Poor kitties....Sometimes I think people can be so heartless!!! Animals have a spirit to live just like all of us I just wish self centered careless people could live in a cat, dog, bird, ect. body and live like they do! I bet they could look past their own life and realize that we all just want to live without fear! That goes for cats too!

*I've been Boo'd*

Quote Originally Posted by heidiv
    Does Katie need food, dishes ect. Supplies at all???? I could see if I could pull some things together we are all big animal lovers at work I could see what I could put together. Poor kitties....Sometimes I think people can be so heartless!!! Animals have a spirit to live just like all of us I just wish self centered careless people could live in a cat, dog, bird, ect. body and live like they do! I bet they could look past their own life and realize that we all just want to live without fear! That goes for cats too!
    I looked at her listing in members. She's in Fayetteville, NC. There is a Petsmart there but not a Petco. She'd be caring for 12 if they find all four. That's extra food, boxes and filler beyond what her cats need. I can help too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I just talked to katie and she still hasn't found Andy or the tabby. Katie is very worried about them because the lady is moving tomorrow and she is afraid she will take them with her. I pray that Katie gets them back and that that doesn't happen. katie is especially fond of Andy and I know it would break her heart if something happened to him.

Katie just called me back with more news. She said one of the neighbors who is a friend of katie's mom called her and told her that the lady moved out this morning and left the cats and that the one that was shooting the cats is the ladies own son! katie is so mad! She is going to try and find the cats and hopefully the lady didn't come back for them.

Melissa

This is unbeleivably sickening. How can somebody treat these poor things like that. If I know Katie, she will not stop until she finds them. I just hope she can. People are sick.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Did she call the police? Can that be construed as animal cruelty?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Katie called child protective services on her and also called animal control but they told her that it wasn't against the law for an animal to be shot or poisoned and they couldn't do anything about that and it was too hard to prove animal cruelty. Big help huh? She is suppose to call me here at work later tonight to let me know what is going on.
    Melissa

It's against the law here in my town to do that to an animal.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Ok. I am at my mothers house right now. Like Melissa said, my mothers friend (my next door neighbor) said that this afternoon, the lady had totally moved out and left ALL of the cats behind. I take it that means 6, but I am not sure. I can not find Andy or the tabby, I looked today and did a quick drive thru of her neighborhood
    Her name is Wanda, and she said that Kristie, the "owners" son, is the one shooting the cats. She said that he just got into trouble 3 days ago for shooting out neighbors windows and outside lights. (Wandas son saw him and told).
    Rickie put the cats outside because Amos won't be quiet, he acts skiddish, and claws the carpet. We rent, and my landlord only allows 3 cats, but he knows I own 5 He does not know about the rest.
    I do have a large horse barn, but I do not have cages to put the cats in. They can jump the stalls and get out. I am at a loss.
    I did call Animal control, and they said what Melissa said. Nothing they can do.
    The child services will look into the matter
    The other grey tabby whom I think is semi feral is still hanging around the house. I have been withholding food unless I am home to get them to stay a little longer. Andy, Amos and brown tabby come to me. The others dont.
    I will continue to update, or have Melissa do it for me, since I do not have a computer. I need to go home shortly and continue my search. When it is dark I can snoop around easier. Thank you all for your suggestions and advice,
    and willingness to help. Katie Layne

Ps= now that I know that the son is doing it, and not an angry neighbor, maybe that changes the situation to animal cruelty. I will call again tomorrow/

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Do I still need to send the crate? Or is bmom sending one?

Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Borzoimom was talking about how she has several large dog crates - maybe PM her and ask about them?
    I havent responded to this thread- because these crates I have are made for very large dogs- I am very worried about the wire spacing and would feel awful if there was an accident.
    Also- this was being discussed not on pet talk but gabbly with a group of people that I knew had large dogs. It was not an open invitation as all crates do not work for all situations..

Okay...I am leaving in a few to send the crate. There is no way I can afford to do like..overnight shipping, but its projected to be there on Friday based on the internet quote. I will update you later and give you a definate day.