Thread: US Navy - info??

US Navy - info??

I'm trying to get info on the US Navy, my boyfriend is very interested in doing his "basic training" this summer, and his parents gave him permission (he'll only be 17 this summer) to go. We've talked about it a little, but I want to know more about pretty much everything, how long he'll be gone for basic, and what will happen after he graduates. I've looked a little on the usnavy.com website, but I couldn't find anything on the basic training part of it, or what happens after he does graduate. If anyone has ANY information or websites they could point me to, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

My dad just went into the army...not sure if it's totally the same...but he does 9 weeks of basic training. He has an assignment, where after he's done he will go to a certain base (right now, Ft. Hood in TX-it's already changed once) and that's where he'll be for 4 years I think. But we do know through the news he is being sent to iraq by the beginning of the summer, for at least a year, and then he'll have to report back to his base.

My 17 year old grandson just did his boot training, then when he finished his Senior year, he goes and belongs to them... He wanted to go in another branch but if I remember it right, the army is the only one that will let them go at that age and finish school..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!