Thread: Happy Homecoming!

Happy Homecoming!

Got off yesterday near Cairo, Il where it was soooooo cold.. coldest weather I had been in, in a long time.Brrrrr! Would you believe that the rental car that was a 2007 with 25,000 miles on it, the heater didn't work? It was the car from hell and when I turned it back in today, I told them they better not dare rent it out to anyone else or they would be having to pick it up with a tow truck somewhere. We got stuck in stop and go traffic taking it back and after about 30 minutes of stop and go, I really thought the transmission was going to fall out of it and I was a nervous wreck by the time I got to the airport.

It was a great trip out on the river this time, I had a great time but the homecoming was something to brag about! These girls were so glad to see their Mommie that they were all over me, almost fighting each other for their turn for loves and kisses. I kisses Amy so much that her head was soaked and she just purred her sweet little heart out while I kissed her. Giz followed me to bed and she wanted more and more and more loving and attention and has been like that all day. Samantha just quietly waits her turn, gets in my lap and purs her heart out while I pet her so quietly. Now Chester, when I went to Ries so we could return the rental car, when he saw me, he ran and hid and would not let me near him. He was so afraid he would have to come home today. That boy LOVES it at her house so much!

Now to the great news... Our beautiful Miss Tuxie got her new forever home the very first week end I was back at work. It was spay day for Spay Baton Rouge and all the trappers were there with the cats they had trapped. Mike was telling one of them about the beautiful special needs (CH) girl he had trapped and kept to find a home for and she wanted to know what it took to take care of a cat like that. He told her she just needed to stay inside, never let outside and to keep her stress levels down. She wanted to see her so he ran back to my house to get her. He said it was love at first sight! He said "Laura, her eyes were heart shaped from the minute she laid eyes on Miss Tuxie!"... and he said Miss Tuxie jumped out of his arms right into hers as if she knew that was her Mommie that she had been waiting for. Soon as the lady's husband got home that night he wanted to see the new cat and soon as he saw her, he asked what her name was.. Miss Tuxie would not do, he said her name was Queenie! That tells me that he knew when he saw her that she is a very special girl the minute he laid eyes on her. Knew she was a one in a millon. The updates from the new Mom are glowing! She IS "QUEEN" of her house, has let the other in house feline's know that she RULES and they are all OK with that. The lady has told Mike that Queenie is her dream cat, the one she has dreamed of all her life and has waited for to come along. She is a lap cat, velcro kitty that follows her around like a lost puppy. She told Mike we can feel free to come see her anyitme we wanted so we are scheduling a day to go see her soon! I want to see her in her new home and see how she has settled in and bloomed there.

Saturday, Rie and I are headed to Florida to go get my Mom's cat Kitty Boo. As I have told you, Mama died in 99 and my sister has had her ever since. Now that they are moving from Florida to Washington state, they are afraid to take her on such a long trip since she is so old so I am getting her. I wanted to get her early in case she grieves to bad missing them and if she does, they can pick her up on their way to Washingston state and leave me their younger red tabby Fred for me to ship up when the weather warms up. I hope Boo settles in here since I will feel like that is a connection to my Mom here for me to love. I am excited aboput getting her although I am already at my limit!

I got on PT last nigh but my ISP wasn't moving enough for me to do anything and my eyes are so tired still from that long drive yesterday that catching up this time will go slower than usual. Anyone having anything exciting they want me to see, post the links to it in this thread and I will go see what I missed. I know we lost Peanut while I was gone, I saw that already and have had my good cry over that, she was such a lovely, graceful sweetheart and it just won't be the same without her here. It is great to be back!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

WELCOME BACK LAURA!!!!!!!

My goodness, I'm glad you were able to get that horrible rental car back without something seriously going wrong.
    AWWWWWWW Laura, reading about your homecoming had me smiling all through it. It does the heart good, doesn't it girl. What a bunch of sweethearts you have to let you know how much they missed you.
    Hooray for Miss Tuxie. It sounds like she is in the perfect home.

Yes Laura, we lost our dear Peanut, but we also lost Our Emerald Girl, Nakita.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Welcome home, Laura! Glad you made it after that awful car!

What a wonderful message about Miss Tuxie/Queenie! More PT magic at work!

Hugs and purrs,
    Pat, Elmer, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Peony
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Welcome home Laura - great to have you back. Take 10 deep breaths, hug those wonderful kitties of yours and surf Pet Talk - that'll cure ya!!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Welcome Home Laura!!!! That is wonderful news about Queenie!!! Also you getting your mom's Boo ... how special that will be!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

I do have a couple of threads for you to see, both about Tabitha!

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...hlight=Tabitha

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...hlight=Tabitha
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Welcome home Laura, I always love to read your posts and see your pictures of the gang. What a fantastic end to Miss Tuxie's story, you should be proud of yourself and Mike for a job well done
    Can't wait to see if you can get pictures of her in her new furrever home.

Aw Kim! Has our girl had anymore siezures since that time? You know how special I think she is and how much I adore that girl... and that VIDEO! That is absolutely PRICELESS! Oh I wish that was me she was trying to get to, that has to be the most wonderful, fuzzy, warmest, coziest feeling. What a DOLL! Thanks for posting me those links!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    Aw Kim! Has our girl had anymore siezures since that time? You know how special I think she is and how much I adore that girl... and that VIDEO! That is absolutely PRICELESS! Oh I wish that was me she was trying to get to, that has to be the most wonderful, fuzzy, warmest, coziest feeling. What a DOLL! Thanks for posting me those links!!

No more seizures, at least that we have seen! I'm sure she is fine ... she sure acts it!!! She said to tell Auntie Laura that she dreams of nuzzling up to your ears one day!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I wish you WELCOME HOME LAURA! But I know that my welcome home is nothing compared to the furry one you got! Sounds like they sure did miss their Meowmie this trip more than usual!

Glad to have you back and to see your posts once again. You are always missed when you are out cookin' on the boat!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Cooking reminded me I took a few pictures of a few of my creations....

I named these "Z Bars" because the guys can ZONK them right out!

This cake has been called "Sinful".. A 3 layer chocolate cake mix, each cut in half. Layers include, a layer of pineapple, cherry pie filling, banana pudding, chocolate & caramel, something different in each layer... Topped with cherries, more chocolate and caramel and cool whip.. As each day goes by as it ages, it gets sinfully BETTER and better! It looks messy because the weight of all the fillings in the layers gets heavy and pushes some of it out... Does NOT effect the taste a bit! This one goes fast!

Laura
    It's great to see your thread.My first HUGE smile of the day.
    I DO hope you got a big discount on your car rental
    And to here about Queenie made my eyes water with a huge smile on my face.I love when people fall in love with a cat so much that you can see it in their face.
    I'm also so very happy about Bo going home finally.He will be just fine there.Especially being a family cat.You'll make it work.At least that's what we are rooting for.Happiness for Bo and everyone.I'm hoping within a few months they will all be fine with one another.Sometimes it takes so long to get everyone use to each other.Good Luck to you.
    Just remember...all you can do is try And prayers are on the way for everyone to be happy with him.
    I'm happy your home
    I have a thread of your boy on our screened in porch.I tried to copy and paste it here but that didn't work for me
    Your Friend
    Carla