Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you exercise your dog(s)?

How do you exercise your dog(s)?

How does your dog or dogs get their daily exercise? Do they get a romp in a fenced yard? a walk, a swim, playtime, a trolly, etc?

My dogs all go to the park everyday. Beanie goes first because he's the old man a tires fast. He likes to meet other people in the park and show off his commands. Gracie goes next and she gets a long walk on a 50ft cord. She has a lot of freedom. Sometimes Charlie comes along with Gracie. Only if I have another person to help me.(Sometimes that wild hound nose gets started and doesn't know when to stop.)

Gracie also gets a walk on her tredmil. she LOVES. Charlie will use it too, but I want him to get his floppy feet under control first.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Up until 2 months ago- we use to take a long rather quick walk down the road for 2 miles. They love to run in the yard and do so 3 times a day- .. Zubin and Galina love to play " bull elephant" in the house to play with one bone between them etc.. Its worked considering they were in condition to start with, but I am looking forward to our walks together. On 26 foot flexis they can trot for miles.. lol.. We also go to the highschool or the military acedemy to run in the fields on the weekends.

Fenway goes to doggy day care 2-3 times per week so he gets his workout there. Then I take him for walks (when it's not too cold outside). We walk around town and go to the old cemetary and walk around there. On weekends, I take him for hikes in the woods (again, if it's not too cold outside).

It's funny because at the vets yesterday, the vet listened to his heart and said it was beating very slow & that he must be very fit & work out.

You'd never know it by looking at his owner.

Oh, and I take him to the dog park once in awhile and I will take him to the ball field next to where I live so he can run & play. And sometimes he likes to hunt for mice so I take him to his hunting grounds and he hunts.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

my girls get the run of all the backyard to run & play in & get 2 daily walks , mishka gets walks & a run in harness with my bike about twice a week also.

well my two boys, play in their fenced in yard. they are non-stop fools and go out every hour on the hour! okay so maybe Duke is the non-stop fool, but rocky will go along! they get weekend walks around the countryside(live out in the boonies) and about a couple times a week, we take the dogs to a local park. not to mention all the Zoomies in the house throughout the day!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I get up real early and walk the fur kids down to the football field. Ebony goes after her frisbee for at least 30 minutes. Diamond and Jada run around the ball field and track. Some days we walk the track for a mile or so.

There is a big hill close by, I walk them up and down that a few times. Ebony has tons of energy she is a hard one to wear out. If she comes home and sleeps I know I wore her out that day.

My husband and I take them out in the middle of nowhere and let them run, run, run. They really love it when we do that. Our yard is fenced but its not a real big area for them so I try to take them out every day.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann
    And sometimes he likes to hunt for mice so I take him to his hunting grounds and he hunts.
    That's really cute. There are stables at the park we go to. Gracie loves to go mice hunting too. She sniffs them out of the straw in the stalls. Gracie LOVES the horses. All except the miniature ones...She would really like to nibble on them.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Spanky is a very small pup so she has not been allowed outside, yet. She tires easily playing inside and tring to dominate over the cats, though!

depends entirly on the day lol it could be:

-dog park(for my moms, as Happy cant go)
    -random open feild to run(for mine)
    -with me in the back yard
    -for a walk
    -for a bikeride
    -bikejoring
    -fetch up the stairs
    -fun matches
    -compititions
    -random training(for mental stimulation)

what I happens is based on the weather, when I am doing, how much energy the dogs have that day, if I am working or not..etc..
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    5 KM Jog and hours of running full blast through the forest. Plus agility and play time.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

We spend far more time outside in the summer than in the winter.

But typically the dogs get a two mile walk once a day along with some wrestle and fetch time in the apartment.

On most weekends, they get some off leash time at my parents house or the park.

I'm thinking of enrolling Chipper in a doggy day care at least twice a week to tire him out. Kia's getting tired of his "affection".
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    We spend far more time outside in the summer than in the winter.
    Same here. When the weather is nice, I get up early and Roscoe and I go for a nice long walk down a country road behind my house. Then after work, hubby takes him for a quick walk, then after dinner he gets one more walk (usually with me, sometimes hubby comes along). However, the weather has been around -5 with the wind chill, so that's just a bit too cold for those long walks. We go outside and play in the back yard, Roscoe loves snow. We'll play in the snow for a while, he'll get some walks but they are shorter. We'll also play chase inside the house (although once we have kids I don't think that will be such a good idea ). We will also play fetch inside, from the living room to the family room or up and down the stairs. I would love to enroll Roscoe in a daycare once or twice a week, but I can't seem to find any around me.

I train and work with the dogs everyday in agility and rally. When I am not working I take Zoey for a 2 mile walk, mainly for me not her. The dogs also run around on our acres all day.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Simba:
    We go for walks, play around the house, chase around yard/house.

Nala: Walks, I chase her around the yard/house.

Kiara: She is the one who needs/craves the most exercise. Even more than Moo. She swims, goes for walks, fetches in the yard and house, frisbee, etc.

Moo Man: Walks, fetch, and he & Kiara usually go to the beach a couple times a week but we haven't in a few days.

The four of them keep eachother pretty occupied, too. Sometimes I feel left out but other times they all "fight" to bring me a toy.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I chase him around the house and we go for a walk. In the summer we go to the dog park a lot and bike rides, plus LOTS of fetch and wrestle time.

Niņo & Eliza