Thread: How Do I?????

How Do I?????

Hello,
    On some of the post I have seen pictures of their dogs. How do you insert a picture in your topic?

PLEASE HELP

Stephanie

When you write your message place the URL of the image in between the red text below:

When your message is posted your image will take the place of this text.

If you do not have an image online, email an image file to me ( [email protected]) and I will place it on our server.

Hey, Paul, are we allowed to do that? You're gonna have so many pictures coming your way, watch out!

Hi Paul and Karen or anyone who can help me:

I have read the instructions and I still don't know how to post my pictures. I finally got them digital and saved the best ones on my harddrive but I can't seem to get them on the website.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    I can hardly wait to introduce Graham and Cassie to everyone!

Thanks,

Leslie

I guess there are five steps:

1) Take the photo.
    2) Get the photo on your computer.
    3) Put the photo on the Internet.
    4) Know the URL of your photo.
    5) Add a special code at the beginning and at the end of your URL.

Congratulations. You have completed steps (1) and (2).

Step (3) is to make your images available to all the computers on the Internet. You may do this by placing them on any webserver. If you do not have access to a webserver or do not know how to do this, email your image to me ( [email protected]) and I will place it on the Pet of the Day webserver.

Step (4) is to know the URL of your image on the web server. It could be something like "http://PetoftheDay.com/online/max.jpg".

Step (5) is to place [IMG] in front of your URL and [/IMG] after your URL. Like the example in my message from December 6 above.

Karen just showed me your photo album on the Internet. So you already have completed step (3). I went to the first image in your album (after clicking on the thumbnail image) and copied the URL.

The URL is http://photomail.photoworks.com/scripts/download.dll?
    GetImage3?P1=RJy7kgEbhauOABnnd91B&P2=0&P3=0&P4=1

It should be on just one line. I put it on two just to make it easier to see on small screens.

When I add [IMG] and [/IMG] and paste it into my message you should see the image:

(To copy the URL of any image you see in your web browser Windows users click the right mouse button while
    over the image. [You hold down the mouse button on Macintoshes until you get a pop-up menu]).

(To copy the URL of any image you see in your web browser Windows users click the right mouse button while
    over the image. [You hold down the mouse button on Macintoshes until you get a pop-up menu]).[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for this information, Paul. I'm using a Mac & now I know why a pop-up menu suddenly appears when one of my clicks goes a bit off the mark. I must 'hit' an image & up comes a menu. Now I know, thanks to you, that it's an invitation to copy the image. A...ha!