Thread: For all rat owners ~ Help needed!

For all rat owners ~ Help needed!

Hey all,

I'm doing a project at school for my English class on how rats are very misunderstood creatures and are the most wonderful pets. This project has to be ready for Wednesday/Thursday, and I've got all my speech planned out, but I just had an idea that the rat owners here at PT could help me with.

I'm going to be making a slideshow to go with my speech, and so far I have lots of Tia pictures ( ), some propoganda posters portraying rats in the wrong light, and pictures of the cruelty rats experience in cosmetic testing. But, at the end of the talk, I want to show rats in their true light, as sweet, cute, family members, and I wish to get the message across that it's not just me who's off my head and is mad about rats.

So, what I'm basically asking is, if you have any photos of yourself cuddling, smooching, playing with or grooming your rat, or just cute rattie pictures in general, then it would be greatly appreciated!

(And, if the talk is successful, I can get those long-awaited Tia and gerbil pics up onto PT )

Thanks,

Zara

Zimbabwe 07/13

This might help - there have been 107 rats featured as Pet of the Day!

http://petoftheday.com/search/search...s&mr=200&pr=ON
    I've Been Frosted

This is my RB rattie Mokey.

I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh Zara,

I wish I could help you. Unfortunately, my computer is dead and I have no way to forward any pictures. Rats are THE best, aren't they??? I adore Winkie. Contrary to popular belief, they are very clean animals.

Good luck with your project, hon.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Here are a few. The blue lady was the finest rat I ever had, my darling Chloe. The girl with the blaze was Fiona, or Fifi. The babies were, Walnut, Speed Racer, and Chie (Chee-ay). (I have hundreds more if you need'em!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	babies.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	33521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chloe.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	33522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chloe2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	33523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fifi.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	33524  

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Thank you all! And don't worry Donna, computers can be so annoying at times

Zimbabwe 07/13

Here is a picture of the rat I use to have, Bengi. He was so sweet I'm glad you're doing a project teaching people how special and neat rats are! They are so misjudged just like some breeds of dogs and that's just not right!

This picture shows how well they not only get along with other rats, but with hamsters as well

*Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Being a rat breeder for ten years I have over a million pictures of these guys. Here are a few of my favorites.

My all time favorite ones were saved to Yafro, but since they closed I lost all my pictures.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Thanks a lot everyone, you are all such a great help! I've used the majority of your pictures in my presentation

Fingers crossed that all goes well!

Zimbabwe 07/13