Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Nookie

I'm not doing very good right now so I can't explain the whole story but I'm surrendering him to the owner's daughter who is my age and lives in Dallas. She is driving here right now and I'll meet her at 11am tomorrow. She grew up with the dog and is going to take care of his medical issues.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I know that decission was very difficult for you to make. I am certain that you have Nookie's best interest at heart.

Your kidding. It must be so hard, I'm so sorry Aly.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm so sorry you have to go thru this Aly!

Jsut picked him up to come home for his last night and they todl me he might have prostate cancer.
    Alyson

Oh my goodness. Such horrible news. I am so sorry for all that you are going through, Aly. {{{HUG}}}
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

He's been panting for 30 mintues and its not hot. I think something really bad is wrong.
    Alyson

Any chance his panting is a reaction to some medication or sedation they did on him today to diagnose him? Poor Nookie, poor Aly.

Maybe he feels the heat WE'RE having up here all the way down there?

If everything happens tomorrow, and you give him to the owner's daughter, will you tell her she should report in to Pet Talk and let us all (and you, most of all) know how the poor sick boy is doing? Tell her there's a whole community who wants what's best for him, and maybe, if she did grow up with him, she does too.

This is really killing me. I don't think I've stopped crying all day. I went from thinking he was mine yesterday to finding out he's not mine today. Not only that, but he has health problems even more severe than I thought. I feel so sick.

He's not panting anymore. I was just about to call the emergency room.
    Alyson

I'll try to tell the story from what I know. It turns out the woman's husband did actually die. The husband she's with now is her second one. The woman is beside herself with grief because she's had the dog so long and he was part of the family with her first husband and daughter. They supposedly had him inside and it wasn't until the petsitter started watching him that he became outside (really don't know if I believe this). They showed the vet records from March where he had 6 teeth extracted and he was neutered. The only reason they neutered him was his prostate was enlarged. Well, too little too late. The vet is almost sure he has the cancer. They were not aware of any of his other medical issues. It is on record that they told the vet about excessive urinating in the house and the vet told them it was territorial. That must be one awful vet. The people said that the petsitter was a liar and really hard to deal with. They kicked her out of their house and said they wouldn't allow her to watch him ever again. Their daughter from Dallas was willing to drive right down and pick him up today if I would surrender him back to them. I had to think about it and I asked CJ if she thought they were truly going to care for him. She said yes. She met them in person and believed that he would be inside with the daughter and she would get him treated medically. When the parents return from Japan in October, they will be done with traveling and he will probably go back with them. But they said he will be inside. If CJ feels they will take care of him, I trust her judgement. I started thinking of Dessi, my childhood dog, and what would happen if the situation happened to me. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I will make them sign a contract of ours. I'm going to add a clause about him being indoors only and that I may check their vet records at any time.
    Alyson

Hopefully meeting the daughter will put the doubts you have to rest.

In all seriousness, it sounds like there are definately new clauses that need to be inserted for this special guy. Will you be reimbursed for today's vet expenses? After putting you through this, it seems like it's the least they could do.

Is the owner going to pursue any charges against the pet-sitter?

Good luck tomorrow--we'll be thinkin' about ya!

thanks

I'm gonna stay up all night with him.
    Alyson

Oh Aly! What a roller coaster ride this as all been. I think adding the extra clauses to the contract is a good idea. We will be thinking of you, Nookie and his family.

Aly, I feel so sorry for you. These people certainly have put you through the wringer. I'm not sure I would be as nice as you are being. You truly are a sweet, good person at heart. I commend you...you're a better person than I am.

My heart and thoughts go out to you and Nookie.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

this has been one of the worst experiences of my life. those peopel were awful.
    Alyson