Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im new to this board...

Im new to this board...

Hi! Im jsut Welcoming myself on to this board because I love dogs and will soon be getting one.You might be wondering what "TollSettFK' means.It means that I will soon (Lord Willing!)be getting a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever,that explains "Toll" and in (sortive!they were crazy I must say!) loving memory of our two firey hearts,our Irish Setters Setters. F stands for Finn,the hopefull name of our Tollar.Im 91 a half percent Irish,so we came up with Finn.And K is for Katie,the only Irish Setter I've known! Well,I just had to tell you about my history with dogs! well,I would love to get to know you on this board a little more,and about your dogs,and your dream dogs!Bye!

------------------
    Grace

Hi Grace and welcome to PetoftheDay, we are all dog lovers here. Everyone has a different kind of dog. I have Mini Schnauzers
    (not Irish, German) One is Perry and the other is Miss Daisy. If you would like to see them, you can look at my website. http://schnauzerville.homestead.com
    I don't think I have ever seen a Nova Scotia
    Duck Tolling Retriever, Finn does sound like an Irish name all right. Glad you are here.

Welcome Toll....I read your post
    on the dog breed.
    I love the name Finney.

Welcome Toll! Happy you can join us - its a great dog lovers site.

I love the name Finney as well. The first Cockapoo I ever met was named Finnegan and she was our neighbors' dog. She would come over to our house and I just fell in love with her. I waited for 4.5 years until she had puppies and I could get one. That was my Bailey, my "dog of a lifetime". Finnegan continued to come over to our house to visit and play with her puppy, Bailey. That was a long time ago as Bailey was born in 1981. Sorry to take this long walk down memory lane, but you struck a real chord. Welcome to Pet Talk, Grace. I think you fit right in.

Hi & welcome to the board. This is a wonderful site with the very nicest people.
    We live in Australia & own 2 shelties & 1 tibetan spaniel called Angel (so 'Angels3').
    I've just heard from a tibetan spaniel breeder here that she's just got her first 'toller' & she's now going to show that breed as well.

Welcome, Toll. I think you will find that this is one of the best websites out there, and everyone here is wonderful. I have read about N.S. duck tolling retrievers and they are lovely breeds! There was a description about them in Dog Fancy magazine, and that was the first time I had heard about the breed. They are fine looking dogs with a wonderful personality (according to the magazine). I wish you all the best of luck finding one perfect for you, and I hope once that happens you get some pictures posted of the new pup

I have 2 dogs, both rescues. One is an aussie chessapeke bay mix, he was badly abused before I adopted him about 6 years ago. His name is Graham and adopting him was the best thing that I have ever done. My other dog is a new rescue, I just adopted Cassie in September and she's a 7 year old pug. She was neglected. She's so adorable and sweet and cuddly and friendly. I am delighted to have her in my life.

Again, Welcome to the board

Hello, Welcome :0)

You'll love it here on this board I have been here for about a month and have enjoyed it very much !!

My name is Angie and I own a 3 year old beagle and a 4 year old beagle/basset cross you can see them at thier site http://www.geocities.com/the_hound_house

My dream dog is a female german shorthaired pointer that I would name Hunter.

Once again welcome :0)

Hi Grace and welcome I'm fairly new my self. Every one here is just great and love there pets(family members) I have a 4 year old English Springer who is the worlds biggers sofa spud (Merlin) I have raised and shown dogs for 30 years. I have rescued, and reabilited at least 10 dogs and kept 5 others. I still learn lots from the folks here they find items that I can't sometimes . Great place for learning. Welcome again and enjoy Corinna

I'm new here too. I have 4 dogs, all mixes. Bear is a Shih-Tsu/Poodle, 10 years old and has diabetes and is blind. Scruffy looks like a small bearded collie, 9 years old, and just had his right back leg removed. Samson is a small (61 lbs) smooth German shepherd, 11 years old. Bella is black chow/lab mix, about 4 years old. I volunteer at a shelter when I can.

I enjoy hearing about everyone's dogs. It's great to be able to share solutions to problems. The pictures are great too.

TollSettFK,
    Hello, and welcome to the board. I love Irish Setters. I have a Doberman Pincher named Samson, and a Tuxedo Kitty named Boogie. BTW- I'm Smare (Mary) You'll probably see a lot of messages I posted (I posted a whole lot in the cat sections) I'm really glad you are on the board. I'm a new member too. I just signed up yesterday. (Possibly the day before)
    Thanks,
    *Smare*
    --------
    Mom of Boogie the cat, and Samson the dog

Hello! Welcome to the best site in the entire world! I used to want a N.S. Duck Tolling Retriver for THE LONGEST TIME! They are beautiful, beautiful dogs! I couldnt find any breeders though. I turned to a breed that fit me better. BOXERS! I love them! I have a boxer named Nikki. She is a fawn, flashy, 1 year and six month old bouncing boxer! We rescued her from a boxer rescue organization, and we didnt know it, but she was pregnant! Last summer she had six beautiful puppies who now all have loving homes. They are bigger than her now, actually. That was just a little about myself. We all LOVE our dogs to pieces on this site, I visit every day! I hope you enjoy this site! Welcome again!

------------------
    ~Erika and Nikki~

Originally posted by mruffruff:
    I'm new here too. I have 4 dogs, all mixes.
    too.
    Hi & welcome, too. I look forward to hearing more about your 4 dogs. We have an elderly sheltie who is blind, too. It's great you do volunteer work at a shelter. I also help out with rescue. Dogs down on their luck need all the help we can give them.

Welcome to Pet Talk, Grace! This site is quite addicting. I am the proud Mommy of a 2 year old Basset Hound named Daisy. Enjoy the site! You will fit right in.

Welcome Grace and Mruffruff! I'm Mom to Bandit a 3 yr old Pug and Jeffrey a 2 yr old Basset/Lab mix. This is a fantastic site and I have learned a lot since becoming a member. Everyone here is great. Sometimes I wish I could invite everyone here over for dinner. That's how "at home" I feel.