Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im new to this board...

Hi: I'm new at this too! Welcome. I am from Nova Scotia so I am very familiar with the NS Duck Toller. My neighbour has two (and they just had 8 puppies)so I get to see them every day. I hope you get "Finn" soon. I have a Soft-coated Wheaton Terrier named Sadie which is also from Ireland!

Hello! I've heard of the Novia Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, but I've never seen one and I don't know too much about them. When/if you get one be sure to post some pictures!

As you can tell by my sign in name, I have a Rottweiler. His name is Carl and he is 4 years old.

Welcome to Pet Talk!!!!

-Sara

Hello Toll,
    Most of my posts are on the cat board, but I love to "surf" around and read about all of the wonderful pets people have.
    Welcome!
    thelma

HI welcome I have three dogs you can see them at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1426359

Hi MRuffRuff and everyone else. MRuffRuff, I used to live in Columbia, and am now in Greenville. I worked in West Columbia at a big printing company there, as Human Resource Manager, before moving to Greenville, five years ago.
    Love your dog stories, everyone. Of course by now, the majority of you know, I am mother to Honey and Lilly, two year old Golden Retrievers.
    Logan

Hi, Toll!! Welcome, I, too, am new to this site. It is filled with wonderful dogs and owners. Think you will thoroughly enjoy making new friends here. I have a 12 year old Toy Fox Terrier that is the absolute love of our lives!! Again, welcome and we all look forward to hearing from you. Take care.
    Originally posted by TollSettFK:
    Hi! Im jsut Welcoming myself on to this board because I love dogs and will soon be getting one.You might be wondering what "TollSettFK' means.It means that I will soon (Lord Willing!)be getting a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever,that explains "Toll" and in (sortive!they were crazy I must say!) loving memory of our two firey hearts,our Irish Setters Setters. F stands for Finn,the hopefull name of our Tollar.Im 91 a half percent Irish,so we came up with Finn.And K is for Katie,the only Irish Setter I've known! Well,I just had to tell you about my history with dogs! well,I would love to get to know you on this board a little more,and about your dogs,and your dream dogs!Bye!

Hi everyone, especially our new friends. You'll love the people here. I'm fairly new too but feel right at home. I have a 2 1/2 yr old Golden Retriever named Sandy that I rescued at 6 mos of age from the local Humane Society. I loved him right away, his "style" so much like my IRISH SETTER, Baron, that I had many years ago. He was big and beautiful, warm hearted and loving, filling the whole back seat of my van when we used to go for rides. His parents were champions in Northern California, but he was just our boy. I found that same old feeling when hugging my boy Sandy so I found another Goldie, a wee pup, and named him Moses. He will be one year old on Mother's Day. My 5 yr old kitty Jasper is lost right now but many are looking for him.
    Previously I have owned a terrier mix named Sugar, a toy poodle named Tinker, a Siamese kitty named Maile, a tuxcedo kitty named Scooter, my Irish boy Baron, and a cocker spaniel named Nani. Many kitties have wandered into my life in childhood, before the spay/neuter programs, but my mother never allowed a dog. Now I guess I'm making up for that.
    I have rescued two dogs. A pup, light colored and with ears like Yoda, jumped in my van door while my boys were fishing at a lake. We pounded the area around, put an ad in the paper, etc...and a couple months later found her a home where two boys had to work very hard and prove to their parents they could take care of her.
    My second rescue was a female pit bull mix, sweet and scared, about 3 yrs old. Over 8 months I house broke her and obedience trained her. Two and a half months ago, I by chance met a lady while putting up adoption posters who was looking for a companion for her dog, a Chesapeke Bay Retriever mix. We visited and the dogs got along great. She is now in a happy home and they love her.
    And I would do it again.

Hello Everyone I just visited my first time today and Love it already . I think it is so neat that there are people out there that LOVE their dogs as much as i do mine.My husband makes me feel abnormal cuz of the way I treat our dogs , I mean he likes them a bunch but not like I do. I have a Boston Terrier named Baby she is the daughter i never ha dtill now that is , she is 3 yrs. old and weighs 12 lbs. she is very small for her breed but she is fisty as a bull, then I have a Boxer Male ,Flashy Brindle if I do say so myself he is the most handsome Boxer I've ever seen his name is Sargent Bubba (Sarge)he weighs 70 lbs.He is actually my Sons dog but they now live with us and have for 2 yrs. now so he's just like mine . Well he's my Grand-dog anyhow. He is so smart and well behaved and so good with Baby while playing he could really hurt her and probably should sometimes, as mean as she is to him but he won't hurt her for nothing. I basically love all dogs but these are my favorite Breeds if I could I'd have lots more if them but I can't .I can't wait to read more of the letters everyone sends in ,I'm hooked talk to everyone later.

Welcome aboard! I'm new here too, and so far I love it. Keep us posted about your furkids.

Welcome to all the newcomers. This site seems to attact a special kind of dog lover, not just the ordinary run of the mill kind but the slightly obscessed kind. and I love it. I have an example of the difference. Just the other day a lady was taking her West Highland White Terrier for a walk on the sidewalk in front of my house. My dogs and I were out in the back yard. My dogs noticed the dog and ran from one side of the yard to the other and barked their greeting to the Westie. I quickly went to the side of the yard as well so I could see the dog. The Westie looked our way and tugged a bit on the leash to get a better look at my two. The lady kept walking and never even turned her head in our direction. THAT is an ordinary dog lover...has a dog, takes care of it, goes for a walk with it, but doesn't even bother to glance at someone else's dogs. Now I, on the other hand, would not only look but quickly gauge whether there would be any way I could approach anyone with a dog to interact with the dog or maybe engage the owner in a few words about the animal. I frequently head in a different direction than I had intended in an effort to run into someone with a dog, and I admittedly go to PetsMart when I don't need anything, but hope to casually meet dogs in passing. So please don't hesitate to tell us all about your animals, show us pictures, share your worries and concerns as well as boast of your pets accomplishments. We really, really are interested.

Oh Rachel], you are my kind of dog lover all right. I also go out of my way to meet up with dog owners and their pets. At times I am thoroughly ignored by the owner. It's usually on the sidewalk, as if they have a deadline and won't pause, just getting the walking job done. Others, with no word from me and at a great distance, will tell me to stay away, their dog being an alpha or just plain unfriendly. That happens a lot on the beach.

I have been driving home and see others in the park near my house with their dogs, but just about everytime I head down there, no one is there. One dog park I tried had nice people to visit with but no supervision, and after repeated trouble with one dog (and the owner ignoring the situation), I don't go there anymore. The one dog park I go to occasionally has great people, and pretty friendly dogs as a whole. I really enjoy it and talk dogs with friendly people, hearing lots of stories about their dogs. It's great. I usually take only one of my dogs at a time unless I talk one of my sons into going. Otherwise, I'm too busy keeping an eye on two and can't enjoy the conversation.

Keep being an obsessive dog lover, for you're in lots of company of the same right here.

Welcome aboard Tollsettfk I am also new here from 2 days ago.I hope you enjoiny it because I sure do anyways enjoy
    Toodles Willemyn