View Poll Results: How do you rate your own diet? (Be honest)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Healthy - w/ emphasis on whole grains, veggies, fruits, etc. and low/no bad fats, etc.

4 7.41%
  • Pretty Healthy - w/ emphasis on whole grains, veggies, fruits, etc. but some bad fats, etc.

18 33.33%
  • Moderately Healthy - equal amounts of "good" and "bad" foods

21 38.89%
  • Poor - emphasis is on fattier meats, refined sugars/grains, "junk food", etc.

11 20.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Own Diet

Your Own Diet

So with all this talk about pet nutrition, I was wondering how many of us actually pay attention to our OWN nutrition After going veg, I really began to notice how fixated America is on fats and junk food. Since then, I've been really interested on how other people rate their own diets.

I'm pretty sure we all have a pretty good idea of what the ideal nutrition is for the average human adult, but if not, here's a link to the USDA's definition of a healthy diet:

http://www.mypyramid.gov/guidelines/index.html

depends, usualy when I make a meal I try to make sure I have all 4 food groups, but not always, somtimes I just like to be lazy and just make spegettie or something. but I do eat plentie of junk too lol so I would say moderate. my brother on ethe otherhand is a total health freak, he will not allow junkfood in his place, he wont even keep better or margerine in his fridge if not absolutly and completly needed. only healthy, none sugery drinks enter his home etc.. sometimes I feel sorry for his GF(they live together) lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I try to eat pretty healthy (it's relatively easy, considering I hate most "junk food") and I'd say that overall, my diet is pretty healthy to moderately healthy. Not really sure how I'd rate it. I try to eat balanced meals daily, sometimes I can't for one reason or another, but not often. I do skip breakfast daily though, which probably isn't at all healthy.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I cannot possibly vote.

I am struggling with food allergies right now, so my veggie intake is way down, but I also cannot eat beef, or fish or shrimp and a bunch of other things. So my diet is unique, and quite restricted, but if I am careful, I can go without 12-hour-bouts of pain and throwing up.
    I've Been Frosted

My diet was frankly a lot healthier before I got married. Now my husband fries pork chops for dinner and brings me a peanut butter malt home, just to be "nice." Might this also be the reason I'm now a lot fatter than before I got married, too?
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Since I've gone vege, everyone in the house has been eating healthier. =]
    I'm really happy, as both of my parents are overweight, though I have never been at all. Now our fridge is stocked with fruits, veggies, and all the good stuff.

We rarely have any junk food in the house. If we do, its because mum or dad have snuck off to the store and brought it home.

I'm so glad I've steered my parents away from frying everything! I can't stand fried foods.

Overall, I'd say my diet is pretty healthy, though it leans more to the very healthy side.

I am eating a lot healthier now than I ever did. The reason is because my cholesterol number had crept up. I now read the ingredients on everything that I buy, something I never bothered doing before. I have had to cut out a lot of things I love (ice cream!) but the reduction in my cholesterol has been worth it. Neither hubby nor I ever ate much junk food but did enjoy a good steak or **ahem** big bowl of ice cream. I have given that all up but have to say that watching him eat those things is hard but I have to remind myself that good health is more important.

Actually I put myself in the very healthy category. That said, I need to eat less so I can lose the extra weight I carry around. In some ways my healthy diet is one of the reasons it is difficult for me to eat less. The meat I used to eat seemed to keep the hunger down for a longer period of time. I wonder if any one else has found this to be true for them.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

It depends. When staying on campus I tend to eat a LOT healthier than I do at home. About 6 months ago I stopped eating meat and I eat a lot more things that I would never even consider eating before. My fridge at school is stocked with fruits and veggies and I tend to go for the healthier options in the cafeteria.

At home is another story. The house is FILLED with junk food (snacks, chips, cookies) and very few healthy options. My mom despises vegetables so very rarely do we have them. We eat boxed and frozen meals 9 times out of ten.

Well I couldn't say this over the holidays but I can now place myself around pretty-very healthy. I eat lots of fruits, veggies, and whole grains, and a little bit of lean protein. I only eat protein (usually fish or chicken) once or twice a week. I'm trying to lose the holiday pudding!

I voted pretty healthy. Once I cut the meat out of my diet nearly 7 years ago I'e felt better and fresher in myself ever since. I think, though, that it's got even better in the last two years, as I've increased my vegetable intake fairly drastically. From 8-12ish years old I think I overdosed on the chips, crisps etc, as any young child does I could possibly do with cutting out a bit more fat in my diet here and there, but for now it suits me.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Sadly my main diet consists of chocolate, I am such a fussy eater and I hardly ever eat healthy stuff , its not a great thing to tell about, but Its true, sometime I really need to try and change my eating habits before it catches up with me. I hate meat and I don't like veggies and many other things so its hard lol. chocolate is delicious though

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Chocolate should have its own food group.

I rated myself #2, but then I saw the link... uh... NO!

Not fish, if there's one thing I can't stand it's fish! Perch, nasty! Pike, gross! Tuna, Disgusting! Salmon vile! gross...
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Wow, the poll results are pretty amazing! I never imagined so many people to rate themselves Moderate-Poor.

Re: Chocolate. I hope whoever invented chocolate is rolling in his/her grave. I truly wish that I was never introduced to chocolate. That and coffee are my two weaknesses, and it completely messes with my diet when I'm feeling down. Thankfully, a short walk around the block with Giselle is a much better stress reliever than fat-filled, sugar-crammed chocolate

I personally placed myself Very Healthy because I try my best not to eat anything that comes in a package. That basically excludes any junk food

I voted "pretty" healthy. I've been a vegetarian for 10 years, so even when I eat too many sugary foods (my weakness) I do eat many servings of vegetables, soy, and other healthy foods. I really do love sweets and eating out! But I try to do them in moderation.