Thread: Wall Mounted Aquarium????

Wall Mounted Aquarium????

Has anyone heard of an aquarium that you can mount on the wall??? I was doing a bit of searching for aquarium stuff on ebay, and I came across this really neat/new aquarium setup.. im not sure if they can fit a filter? or how comfortable a fish would be in this tank, possibly a betta might like to live in it?? or maybe guppies or other small freshwater tropical fish... here are a couple pics.

Whats your opinion???
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I don't like it.I hate stuff like that betta hanging bowl,betta lamp,betta t.v.,ect....Fish are not decorations.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Its only 2 inches thick. What fish could turn around in it? It'd be like living in a cage where you can feel the walls all around you at all times.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Ugh I have seen these before. I think they are called plasma aquariums. And when i saw it they had discus in it. I don't think it would work as it is only 2 inches thich.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

I don't see how any fish could really live comfortably in something that thin.
    I say stick to the good ol' original looking aquarium. More comfort for the fish! =]

they say it is for small fish, I would never personally keep a fish too big for a tank.. but colorful guppies, or betta might enjoy it.. two inches thick is bigger then what most people house their bettas in anyways .. if you compare to a 1 gallon tank, or a bowl... or even in some cases a cup

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    I don't like it.I hate stuff like that betta hanging bowl,betta lamp,betta t.v.,ect....Fish are not decorations.

I think they are docorative, as well as being a pet.. You cant pet them, or really comunicate to them... they are there in a tank, to look pretty and amuse people (as a hobby or whatever), as well as be somthing to take care of...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy

I agree with you about this particular tank, and other small tanks, bowls, etc. The fish need to have a proper, large enough, habitat first and foremost.

However, I think that fish certainly ARE decoration as well. I have spent a lot of time and money making my 55 gallon tank decorative. It is in my living room, I want it to be pretty. I have a nice stand that matches the rest of my furniture and keeps all the pumps, wires, etc. hidden.

As long as the tank is large enough, with the proper filtration and heat, I see nothing wrong whatsoever with also making it beautiful.

I had a friend once, who had a LOT of money. He had a HUGE tank built into his wall, between his living room and den. I couldn't even begin to guess the gallons ... thousands, I'm sure. It was simply stunning. But, of course, that is a far cry from what we have here.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien