View Poll Results: Dose your cat(s) wear a collar(s)

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are outdoor cat (s)

1 2.70%
  • Yes, they are indoor cat (s)

17 45.95%
  • No, they are outdoor cat (s)

1 2.70%
  • No. they are infoor cat (s)

18 48.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your cats wear collars?

Do your cats wear collars?

Just wondering.
    Hank is indooors as will Molly be they both have snap away collars.

Hanks (the orange one)

And today we bought Molly this one in pink but it's pink base with white polka dots

Last edited by buttercup132; 01-13-2007 at 06:20 PM.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Zippy and Pumpkin do.Here is a picture:Zippy's is Pink and Pumpkin's is blue.I bought them form Petsmart.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

No neither for my girls wear collars. Vixen likes them and when my mom sent her one for Christmas I put it on her to show her pawpaw. She was very proud of it. But I then took it off. Vixen has a habit of chewing on the end of the collar and she will eat it. So no collars for her. She does wear a leash and harness for vet visits and such and has no problem with that.

Phoenix hates them. She will not wear them and will do the next thing to break her neck to get out of them. So no for her too. She also does not like the leash and harness but will wear it if it means she gets to go outside.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I have a collar for CC, but I never have him wear it because he is inside at all times, so I just see it as a way to rub off fur when he doesn't need it.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

My Cat doesn't usually wear a collar since he is indoor all his life, but sometimes I will put a collar on him just for looks

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Yes ~ They all wear collars. And they are all MICROCHIPPED
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

When I first rescued, Peeka (RIP) and Boo, brother and sister, I put a collar on Boo because he's black as midnight. The collar was jeweled w/diamond like stones and he looked like a movie star. I left the room and in less than 10 minutes, he chewed completely through it! That took care of that plan. Plus I read somewhere years ago that cats can hang themselves because they're always climbing and that scared me. But I still think about doing it now and then because if one should ever get out of the house, I'd have no way of finding them. They don't attempt it, though, except, of course, Puddy. But the few times she ran out, she froze because she realized she was over her head and I easily grabbed her and brought her back in. When she feels good, she's ornery. I may reconsider, I just don't know.

Blessings,
    Mary

All my cats were wearing collars even though they are indoor cats. We were travelling so much, I didn't want to take any risks. Well, except for Ebony. She couldn't stand it and would shake her head and scratch every 20 seconds. The sound of her bell drove me nuts. So I would only put hers on for the travel day.

The collars are all color coded, and the ID tags are different, reflects their personality.

After 6 months, I noticed that Ruffles has a bare spot all around her neck from the collar. It was LOOSE, but all the fur stopped growing. I felt sorry for her. As we stopped travelling, I took all the collars off. We do take them out in the back yard with us at times, but now we have fenced that in, so less risk there as well. The collars go back on for travel, even to the vet.

Snow has a pretty purple one with pink flowers right now, the bell is even colored, looks like they glazed it with matching stuff. She is indoor for the most part, I like the bell so you always know where she is. She dont mind at all either. Oh, this one is also a saty one with the small elastic made into it.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

None of the poll responses fit my gang. We have six - none wear collars - all are microchipped. Two are indoor only; 4 are in - out.

Yes, the Clan sports their collars, and all are microchipped. The oldest cat, Norton was tattoed eons ago. Whenever I take their collars off to do something, they look at me like I have lost my mind and should know better than to do such a things!!! I have NEVER had a problem with a cat having a hard time adjusting to the wearing of a collar.
    Nine is Fine!!

Nope. Out of the the 23 cats in this house, only 1 foster has a collar on. Too many black cats so 1 needs to wear a collar.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Tripod doesn't, he's an indoor cat, so there isn't really much need.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

All 6 of mine are indoor only and are all microchipped and all of them also wear collars except for Sunny. He got so stressed out that it made him sick. They all wear the safety break away collars and Pearl has the pink polka dotted one and Starr has the blue polka dotted one. Ziggy wears a flowered vinyl one and Storm and Sky just wear the fabric kind. The three little ones are so hard on their collars that I had to get them ones that would last and be kitten proof.

Taz is an indoor only cat. I think many, many years ago my SIL was selling pet charms and wanted a picture to post on her website, so Taz was the model. And for NEVER having worn a collar he didn't fuss at all and the picture came out great!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)