Thread: Those of you with multiple cats/multiple litter boxes...

Those of you with multiple cats/multiple litter boxes...

Hi all, just thought I'd share this tib bit of information that I thought was kinda neat. I am cat sitting for a woman who has 3 cats and instead of having 2 litter boxes or even 3 for them to share; she uses a big rubbermaid storage container (the lower to the ground ones). I just thought this was a really neat idea...its more compact too. Maybe some of you do this already, but to those who don't...it's a neat idea...

Robyn

We are using the normal type litter boxes, but the lower storage container would be something I will think about for our next trip.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Hi Christiansmommy!

My best friend does that too!! It really is a great idea as she has four cats. GREAT idea!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Where does this person keep the big litter box?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I might even give this a try. My cats sometimes try to sit on the edge of their litter box while they are "going" and their weight causes the boxes to tip, scaring them and creating a mess for me. I don't think Trevor could even tip a Rubbermaid container filled with litter! Now if I could only get Andy to stop covering with such gusto! He digs so furiously that sometimes he creates a little pile outside of the box.

Former User Guest
    This might be our saviour (spelling?). We just bought a new litterbox yesterday, it's the same size as the one we have already. And we've haven't managed to found bigger anywhere although we've been driving around Belgium a lot lately. The problem is that Kitty pees on the wall and it goes between the little holes that box has and ends up in the floor , that's no fun. No we have a temporary solution, as we have blocked those holes with ducktape, but it doesn't help, there's still pee on the floor. We might end up trying this if nothing else helps. Thanx for the tip Robyn! Never thought of that myself...

we have on of this big plastic boxes as a litter box for a while and it's a great idea... cats love it as they have more space and we don't have to worry about not cleaning when we are away.

Actually we have a tall one, about 35cm tall I think, and it's great- the cats love thier privacy inside and also they don't throw kitty litter out so it's much cleaner...in the other boes we have they tend to dig next to the door and a lot of litter will fly out of there...

oh... and I forgot...
    Niina - Gucci used to do they same as kitty, and we ended up cleaning the floor and the box all the time- now with the big one even if he does it, it'll not go out and there are no holes- so all we have to do is wipe the wall of the box sometime...

Former User Guest
    Thanx Efrat, I really am beginning to like the idea. We still haev few shops to check out and if nothing comes out from those, then we'll surely go for those boxes! Enough with the everyday mess!