Thread: Is this normal

Is this normal

we lost Mrs. Magoo today. And peaches wont stop crying. she will be quiet for a while and then just start this whining. she is starting to drive me nuts. Now if someone walks by the fence she is just going nuts today. Is this normal behavor for loosing a comanion??? She still has oreo and he is the one she plays with.

Animals grieve just as humans grieve. She needs time to adjust to the new circumstances. Even though she didn't play with the other one, she was aware of its presence and now of its absence. Depending upon her background, she may think it was taken away and abandonded somewhere. Or she may not know exactly WHAT has ahppened, but she knows her world is different. Give her some time to adapt.

Give her some time.. I have had other dogs that grieved the loss of a companion.. Just give her time. She also could be picking up you are sad.. All will come in time honey...

I think she is grieving. Plus when I started to cry about 2 hours ago my 38 pound dog became and instant lap dog after 10 minutes I had to make her get down she was rubbing my face raw with kisses and killing my legs. She heard my son with mrs magoos collar in his room and she went running. I ask him to put it up for a few days. To give her time.

It is perfectly normal, as the others said, she is grieving, just as her humans are.
    I've Been Frosted