Thread: 19 GSD's seized from Puppy Mill (WA)

19 GSD's seized from Puppy Mill (WA)

19 GSD's seized from Puppy Mill

It's almost like going into a meth home it's so bad"

Jan 5, 2007

Watch the video

Kitsap County Animal Control officers are protecting the dogs they've rescued from what they call one of the worst cases of animal cruelty they've ever seen.

Officers seized 19 German Shepherd dogs on Tuesday from a puppy mill in south Kitsap County. They say the dogs lived in filth, fought for food and now fear even the kindest touch.

"Filthy, just, I can't describe how bad it was," said veteran officer Rance McEntyre.

McEntyre says the owner typically threw out bags of food and let the dogs fight over it, so even the smallest dogs are malnourished and covered with scars. He says the dogs had free run inside the home, so it was filled with feces and filth.

"It's almost like going into a meth home it's so bad," he said.

Most of these animals are so timid, they won't let people come near them, much less touch them.

One named Cindy can barely stand and can't pick up even a dog biscuit, while Little One shakes uncontrollably and Hilda has open sores on her back.

Only some puppies will let people get this close, and even they are still uncomfortable with it.

Officers say there is still one dog that remains at the home that they haven't been able to catch. They say the owner has been uncooperative.

They've forwarded the case to prosecutors and hope for felony charges of first degree animal cruelty.

"He should never own an animal again," McEntyre said.

In the meantime, the dogs are being kept at a private kennel with plenty of food and loving caretakers.

But some may never learn to trust.

None of these dogs is available for adoption at this time while the animal cruelty case moves forward and all will need extensive care and socialization. But the Kitsap Humane Society and Animal Control is accepting donations to help pay the costs of caring for them.

Kitsap County Humane Society

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/5105901.html

-----------------------------------------------------

(normally video doesn't work with my slow connection, but this one played flawlessly for me! Well worth the wait if you don't mind needing a few tissues.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Just makes me so sad and sick! It breaks my heart to see the video and think of all that they didn't show us!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh my goodness. This is horrible!! It just makes me cry to see this.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I was just going to send a message to pitc9 b/c they helped me with info but I see they've already been on here. Do you have any GSD rescue sites for WA, pitc9? I wonder if there's a way to go on the internet and find the specific breed rescues for that area?

Quote Originally Posted by angelchampy
    I was just going to send a message to pitc9 b/c they helped me with info but I see they've already been on here. Do you have any GSD rescue sites for WA, pitc9? I wonder if there's a way to go on the internet and find the specific breed rescues for that area?
    Yes, there is a way to find shelters and rescues.
    Go to www.petfinder.com

Click on "Shelter and Rescues" at the top... put in the state you're looking for and it will list all shelters and rescues in that state.

With these GSD's, the local humane society already has them and I'm sure local Rescues will be helping as well.
    The media attention helps a LOT!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I saw this last night.It took me until this a.m. to be able to reply. Even now I don't have the words I want to say. Nothing surprises me anymore,as mans inhumanity to man is well known, but my heart breaks for when it shows upto mans charges.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

This is incrediby sad. The ones responsible should be horse whipped
    in a public square. These dogs have one shot at a normal life & now it's gone
    forever. I hope some of these dogs can be rehabilitated.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A few years ago, they shut down a GSD puppy mill here in Illinois. Our rescue was involved. I was there the day they brought the dogs to the shelter. You can see the pictures of the dogs in puppy mills, but you do not get the full horror of their plight till you look into their eyes.... To this day, I will never forget what I saw on the first day the dogs were brought in....ever. Their eyes will haunt me forever.............
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

What kinda of human being does this? I just do not understand how these things go on. If I had the money and space I would love to have my own rescure, which I am sure most of us would. It breaks my heart to see such loving animals treated sooooo bad. I hope they will be able to place these pups