Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Nickname(s)

Your Nickname(s)

So today I was helping over at my parents place and my dad called me an old nickname that I haven't heard since I was in my early teens. So I decided to start a thread about nicknames that we have.

My first one, the one my dad brought up, was Beeper. When I was really little I would make the beep beep sound whenever I passed someone . I must have got it from the Roadrunner cartoons. This carried over into sports too, so the nickname stuck.

The second and most used is simply Craigy. When I played a lot of hockey I was a goalie mainly, but also played out for a few teams. One of the teams had another Craig on the roster and the first game we played on the same line. The coach yelled "Craig, change!" Both myself and the other Craig skated to the bench and left no defense for our team. I was the younger and quickly became Craigy. To this day my friends still call me Craigy or Craigory.

So who else gets stuck with nicknames and why?

Pepper.
    For two reasons..
    My first and middle name (Kay Ann) sort of sound like Cayenne Pepper. So, my family would call me Kay Ann Pepper or just Pepper.

Kidnap.
    When I first met my friend Zogi years ago, she thought the teacher called me "Kid Napp" instead of Kay Knapp. So, it's stuck since then.

Craigory is a cute nickname!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Well growing up my nickname was Peanut, cause i was a tiny little thing(was )

Now my nick name is Maggie Mae, my real name is margaret, and when hubby and i started dating, he began calling me Maggie Mae after the Rod Stewart Song!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

My Dad called me "Jo"

I don't actually remember why, I think it had something to do with a friend he worked with who had a witty sense of humor and the two of them got along well~

My Dad was my Good Friend for as long a I can remember

I still recall being called in for dinner one Summer day~I hid near the side of the big porch on the front or our house!!Giggling while everyone was looking for me.

My Dad walked out onto the porch(yeah, he saw me hiding, but never let me know) and Hollered, HEEEY JOOOO~ three times, then, he simply looked over the porch railing and said~

Come on in Jo, it's time for dinner -----------

Great Memories are Better than Money in the Bank!!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Munchkin

Tiger

Mouse

Alot of friends at school call me Grudge. n_n Not certain how that came about, something about the movie? ...but now just about everyone in school calls me that.

All my close friends call me Finch. =D Its from some inside joke that I can't seem to recall right now.

My spanish teacher calls me Pez. I don't think she even knows my real name.

Manda

Manda Moo - because I love cows.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Cici was given to me in my spainsh class.
    Nikki short for Nicole only a few people call me Nikki
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

My dad had weird pet names for both my brothers & me. I was Monkeydinks. OMG, I can't believe I'm telling you guys this!

good thread!
    I am often simply called "Stace".
    At work I'm called - SMuss - or by my last name.
    SMuss b/c it used to be my email address.
    Why they call me by my last name I don't know b/c its way longer then my first name!
    When I was starting to talk I had trouble saying my own name so it would come out - Tae-Te - soooo I've been called Tate or Tater all my life, it was even my CB handle when my dad drove semi.
    For awhile I was also called Daisy or Daci b/c my cousin's couldn't say my name.
    And the other is when I was in elementary school I went with my grandma to her sister's house to make candy or noodles or something- and my great uncle instead of calling me by my name he called me Ralph or Fred- all evening. I went home and told my dad and he has called me Ralph ever since!
    I come from a long line of "nicknamer's".
    My grandma that passed away - her name was Grace Josephine and she went by Josie or "Ting" I really don't know where that started.
    My grandpa that has passed away was always referred to as "Cot". I have an Uncle Buck, and an Aunt Dutch also and neither are their given names.
    My dad has been called "Short" or "Shorty" all his life. Some of his cousin's when introducing him to their significant other - usually call him "Short" and I have heard several of them say "And I can't remember what your real name is b/c I just know you as "Short"!"
    When I was a child My maternal grandma was "Grandma TED" b/c my mom's youngest brother is 16 years younger than she is so when I was growing up he lived at home - so I associated him with them. My paternal grandma was "Grandma TIPPY" b/c we had a dog that in the summer lived with us b/c she could be outside and in the winter she went to my grandma's where she could live inside so I always associated Tippy with them.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

My mom used to call me Missy when I was younger. My youngest brother called me Twace and he'll sometimes write this name in my birthday cards. A lady who used to babysit us called me Helpful Hanna. She called my brothers Spunky Monkey and Crying Hyena. Some of my co-workers call me Trace for short.

My brother and sister called me "Pumpkin Head" when I was little. They said it was because I was so tiny, that all I had was a head!

My father still to this day calls me "Wrotten". That started one Christmas morning when I said that I couldn't believe I had gotten so many presents because I was "just wrotten". He has never let me live that comment down!

My dad and hubby both also call me "Kimbo" and my mom calls me "Kim Kim".
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Despite my protests over these years, my husband still calls me Angel. I think it's odd. Sometimes he'll call me Wiki (weeky).

My parents call me Troublemaker most of the time. Occasionally they will refer to me as "that Bad Seed".

Everyone else just calls me Angelique. Nobody has tried to give me nicknames, beyond that! (You know, except for when you were a kid and people called you things like booger brain. )

When I was small my dad and my gran used to call me "queenie" and as I got older I got called "Bruce" because my surname was "Lee" and then when I started going out with my husband he noticed that I liked "Winnie the Pooh" so he started to call me "Pooh Bear" and it has stuck.
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

I prefer to be called Dave, however at work I get Davey which I can't stand! Over the years I've gotten Piz (a shortened form of my last name) Also at work I'm usually "Hey You"!