Thread: ODIN, DHARMA and CHELSEA

ODIN, DHARMA and CHELSEA

Hi,
    Since you have all been so interested in my dogs I have decide to post a topic about them.

For those of you who haven't read about them ODIN is a 2-3 year old Siberian Husky, DHARMA is a 12-15 week old Golden Lab/Doberman cross,and CHELSEA, a 4-5 year old tri-color Collie. If you want to know more about them please look under topic: "collar and clicker" smart in behaviour.

ALL OF THEM ARE SPCA RESCUES, ODIN AND CHELSEA WERE ADOPTED AS ADULTS.

Odin has many behavioural problems and Dharma is just starting out into life and we are trying to teach her good behaviour NOW.

Today we had our first snow and the dogs were thrilled. Dharma's first snow for sure, she couldn't figure out what it was and then ate as much as she could!

Anyhow, thanks for all the interest, comments and advice and I will keep you posted about their progress. I am SURE I will have so much to ask as we go along...

I just wanted to add one comment about Odin. You said that he has only been with you for a couple months. The key here is patience and not to give up. Who knows what this dog went through in the two years of his life. Don't expect that to be overcome in such a short time. Trust from a dog has to be earned and sometimes it takes a while. And then as Carrie said, sometimes it takes finding just the right method for the particular dog. Good luck and keep up the good work.

How nice for the doggies to have a fresh snowfall to play in! I'll bet Dharma really had fun! My husky/shep loves the cold and the snow. How does Chelsea like the snow? Say Hi! to all of them! You are doing such a great thing providing homes for Chelsea, Odin and Dharma. Keep up all the good work. Like Rachel said, it does take a lot of patience and time, but I am sure all your efforts will be rewarded. I hope all of you enjoy a very special holiday together. I'm sure the pups are very grateful to be in a safe warm home with such loving humans this Christmas!