Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: you know when you've been around dogs too long when..

Hey you all- read " Staples Out" in general. I typed " vet" almost deleted it, when giggled at myself instead of doctor... lol..

I once turned my boyfriend's head to face me, pointed my finger and said "NO!" instead of asking him to stop doing something.. I hadn't realized what I had done until he pointed it out. Now he won't stop bugging me about it.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Hey you all- read " Staples Out" in general. I typed " vet" almost deleted it, when giggled at myself instead of doctor... lol..
    I've said that too, as in ~ If this doesn't improve, I'm calling the Vet, er, Doctor~

I confess, I've gone to the Dogs everyone!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    I once turned my boyfriend's head to face me, pointed my finger and said "NO!" instead of asking him to stop doing something.. I hadn't realized what I had done until he pointed it out. Now he won't stop bugging me about it.
    *giggles* But you were just training him!
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

lol lets see...

I have done the vet/doctor thing..

umm I clicker trained my best friends little sister!

I trained my best friend to walk on the sidewalk lol she was always walking in the middle of the road, so I would walk out grab her by the arm pull her onto the sidewalk and start praising her on the other hand, it worked!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I can't even stop laughing to think of anything I have done like this.
    These are hilarious!!

I think I have done the go potty command (ours is "get busy") with my boyfriend, but he didn't get on all fours....that was way too funny!!!

On the same go potty subject....my brother, sister and mom use the command "take a break". So at work when someone says I'm going to go take a break, I giggle.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

LOL! we are definatly a lot of dog lovers! I know i fall into the telling your friends to sit and stay catigory.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I'm a groomer, but I also give a lot of "human" haircuts on the side.

I have grabbed people by the chin, hair, ears, etc. and turned their head to the angle I want.

They freak out, of course.

I have to explain, "I'm so sorry. I'm not used to giving haircuts to anyone who understands, "Turn your head to the left a little and look up.""
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien