Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey (Great Dane) Needs A Home

Hybrid View

Bailey (Great Dane) Needs A Home

I thought I would post this on here first, before I contact a rescue. We need to find Bailey a home ASAP, we can't find a rental that will allow us to keep him. He turned a year old on December 9th, is not neutered, very well behaved, loves every dog/cat/person he meets. Most of you already know Bailey, so if someone here can give him a home I would be greatful.

We live in Surrey, BC and he is currently at the vet clinic. The only adoption fee I am asking for is the money to pay for the kenneling, I think it's roughly $20-30 per day. Please let me know if any of you can take him or know of a rescue that can - it has to be soon since he's been at the clinic since the 27th.

We really have no choice and are extremely heartbroken. But we need a home, and can't seem to find one that will let us keep Bailey.

PM me for contact info.
    Last edited by Crazy-Cat-Lover; 12-31-2006 at 05:19 PM.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

I know this is breaking your heart and I am so sorry you and your family have to go through all of this.
    Michelle

Can't your sister hold him for a while?
    I REALLY would hate for you to have to give him up forever I know how much your love him I hope that someone on here can help.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Can't your sister hold him for a while?
    We are staying with my sister, but there is no room for him here.

If I lived anywhere near you I would take him in a heartbeat. I am so sorry that there is no way I can help you. I know this is breaking your heart. I hope someone close and on PT can help.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I'm so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news for you guys. I wish I was closer. {{hugs}} Good luck!! Agian, I'm SO sorry for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by CatLuvrs
    I know this is breaking your heart and I am so sorry you and your family have to go through all of this.
    I agree totally.. I am trying to figure out who it was as a Pt'r that wanted another dane that lived there.. Modify your title like Bailey the dane... Maybe that will flush them out.. I know this is heart breaking. Having large dogs, housing can be very hard, and the joke is, the bigger dogs are calmer than the smaller ones..

It's only been a few days since the fire, are you sure you can't find a house to rent, or find someplace? I can't imagine you have had time to searc every rental available in those few days, maybe you could try to give it a little more time, or try to find a temporary foster?? I dunno I just think it's so sad and I really want for you to be able to find a place and sometimes it just takes a little longer.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    It's only been a few days since the fire, are you sure you can't find a house to rent, or find someplace? I can't imagine you have searched every rental available in those few days, maybe you could try to give it a little more time, or try to find a temporary foster?? I dunno I just think it's so sad and I really want for you to be able to find a place and sometimes it just takes a little longer.
    We have asked everyone we know if they can foster, and they can't. We have searched all the local papers, websites etc. It is costing $20-30 per day to kennel Bailey and that is money we don't have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lover
    We have asked everyone we know if they can foster, and they can't. We have searched all the local papers, websites etc. It is costing $20-30 per day to kennel Bailey and that is money we don't have right now.
    This fire was not your fault- there is a responsible insurance company behind something here. Can you find out who they are? Also- maybe your vet would help and board them. If you have been a client for a while, they might just do that. Also- maybe the breeder could take the dog for a little while to board- I know I would!

okay try this- this is the BC great dane club and the rescue link is attached- I bet they could find a foster for you.. Let me know.. http://www.westerngreatdaneclubofbc.com/events.htm

I'm so sorry. I too hope your breeder will take him back or atleast foster him. Good luck.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Well if need be I can foster too. I'm about 36 hours away from you though, so it would take some serious help to get him down here.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

bumping this back up. ... How is it going???

I am logged in to my sisters account right now... This is Crazy-Cat-Lover (Tasha)

Sorry I didn't update sooner, we've been busy trying to find a place. Unfortunately, the only rentals we can find will only allow us to keep our cats. All of our stuff has to be moved to storage as soon as we're allowed back into the apartment. DH called a bunch of places, and the only one that would allow Bailey is unaffordable. We barely have enough money to move.

It is heartbreaking, but we need a home. I wish the apartment didn't start on fire, then we wouldn't have to rehome our dog. I have cried myself to sleep every night.