Thread: Bailey (Great Dane) Needs A Home

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    I am so sorry.

Have you tried contacting Bailey's breeder? If not, I'd give that a try. Most good breeders will take a dog back if need be and under special circumstances (like yours) some will even keep the dog until the original owner is able to take it back.

I can't foster and I'm too far away anyhow. I hope you're able to find someone who can foster him for a bit instead of finding him a new home.
    I was wondering about the breeder too. I took a shepherd back for two months when the owner had bi pass surgery..

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you guys are saddened beyond belief over this. I hope and pray something happens so you can keep him. He's such a beautiful boy and a big lovebug.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm sorry. I hope you can find a way to keep him. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am SO sorry. I really hope you can find a way to keep him or are able to find someone on PT or someone you really trust to take him. I'd love to take him, but my parents wouldn't allow it and we live too far.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

I am really sorry. I really hope you can find a way to keep him. hugs to you and Bailey!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

omg sasha How heartbreaking, i really wish i was closer to help Have you contacted his breeder??? I would hope they could take him back?? This is just so sad..please keep us updated hun.

Very sorry to hear this. I agree about contacting the breeder. Maybe they can even hold Bailey for you until you can find a place.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I agree with others' responses ... don't jump the gun here. Don't panic and do something you are going to regret forever.

First, tell your vet/boarding kennel about your situation. Maybe they will waive the fee. I own a boarding kennel, I know I would.

Second, call your breeder. If he/she is a reputable breeder, I cannot imagine him/her not taking the dog back temporarily.

Third, call your local shelter/humane society. Maybe they will keep him for little or no charge, or can give you references for foster homes. And contact Great Dane rescue. I KNOW they will help in any way they can.

Fourth, call you local newspaper. Tell them your plight, and ask them to run a follow up article after the fire. Public interest stories like that always sell papers, and I'm positive you would recieve overwhelming responses.

There are a LOT of options here.

If all else fails, and I know something in the above list will work out for you, I will keep your dog for you until you have straightened things out. My husband loves Danes. I'm not sure where you are in Canada, and we may have to enlist the help of our PT friends and/or Dane rescue transport folks to get him, but I'm sure everyone would help out if they are between you and I.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh, my god. =( I am so sorry.

I know you love Bailey more than anything, and I'm soooo sorry. I would absolutely foster him if you were anywhere near me, I swear I would.

Definitely check Dane rescue, a dog like Bailey would be wanted by so many loving homes... and maybe if it's possible, a foster home would take him until you could find a place. I would do that, if I could.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I am so happy to hear that a rescue is going to help you out. I will continue to keep my fingers crossed that you can find a dog friendly place to live.