Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 of 2006 -- (post your's!!)

Top 10 of 2006 -- (post your's!!)

I am "borrowing" this from another board I'm on. I thought it was nice.

You list your biggest events of the year, good, bad, or both.

1.) My dearest Mom-in-law passed away March 10th after a 8 year long uphill battle with multiple myeloma. Her passing was bittersweet -- we know she is with her Lord, but how we miss her.

2.) After being diagnosed infertile November 2005, we signed up for an adoption seminar (AWAA) and fell totally in love with the idea of adopting a baby internationally. The seminar was June 4th.

3.) At the end of June, I got very sick, ended up in the ER and left with a piece of paper that said we were pregnant!!!

4.) I quit my job in September to be a SAHM.

5.) In May, we ripped our our ugly, ugly kitchen, and replaced it with my dream kitchen. The work was finally done in September.

6.) In October, we visited my Grandma who was up this way on a trip. The significance of this is that I just reconnected with her in 2005 for the first time in 20+ years (family dispute with my parents)

7.) On December 1, my dad-in-law fell and broke his leg in 3 places. All of us kids have been pitching in to help him through this really difficult time. And I'm so glad that I am done work so that I can help him more.

8.) Mark & I celebrated our 9th anniversary (belated) in September -- we rented a house on a lake for a week. It was the most relaxing vacation that we have had in years!

9.) In a very coincidental manner (through the passing of my mom-in-law), we met a very dear couple and have hit it off very well with them. We have gotten together quite a few times now, and we just get along so well!!!

10.) We had the best Thanksgiving ever with Mark's Dad, brother & sister-in-law, and sister.

1.) I got my first apartment on my own. This was a big accomplishment

2.) I got my all my pets this year

3.) My best friend found out she has cancer

4.) I got a new job, they fired me and I got a new job doing what I like

5.) Moved into my new apartment (still moving)

6.) Marissa got straight A's

7.) Got a new camera

8.) Got a MP3 player for Christmas that I love

9.) Found out that my other best friend will be getting married soon

10.) My mom got the SUV she always wanted
    Michelle

1) I lost my beautiful Zsa-Zsa on 19th July. She had battled for nearly a year with her blindness and everything that came with that, but I know she had 16 long years of a happy life with me and I'm grateful that she was in my life.

2) As I lost a dear pet I gained another, 3 others! In September the 'gubba bubbas (in other words, three black mongolian gerbil girls: Twilight, Ebony and Nightshade) joined the family. They are so adorable, they remind me of a little family, squabbling one minute then cuddling the next. I love them dearly.

3) Some may remember my awful week in January, when both my hamster Foxy and my grandfather passed away within days of each other, then to top that of I fainted at school and discovered I have low blood pressure and I'm at risk from fainting at any time. That is a time I'd rather forget.

4) I began my first lessons of 'serious' horse-riding in October. For 10 years or so I've just ridden generally, now I'm having a bash at dressage, and it has me hooked!

5) Also in October, I visited Paris on a school trip with my two best friends, it was certainly a time I'll never forget, especially on top of the Eiffel Tower with the wind blowing people from one side to the other!

6) Even before Paris, I went another school trip to London which was so much fun. My friend Katherine and I will always remember 'the plughole'

7) I entered a Latin competition in March, and by a great stroke of luck got into the final! I was up against tough competition so did not come away with the title, but it means that I'm in the top 8 Latin students in Lancashire!

8) Hmm, getting hard now *racks brain*, well, I suppose I discovered gabbly! Now I can be found there sometimes in the week and usually at weekends chatting with all the other PTers there.

9) Hmmmm.....Oh, I had a parachute ride in Greece! I was determined to do it, I don't really mind heights but I do have a fear of falling, so I made sure I was strapped in tightly It is the most magical feeling, like walking on air, and it was so cool when the wind dropped a little and my feet skimmed along the ocean surface, sending spray high into the air.

10) I suppose the last bit would be is throughout all of 2006 I have been a PT member, the first year that has happened for me as I joined in September 2005. It's such a great place to be, something I would never have considered joining if Zsa-Zsa had not been COTD. I'm so glad I joined, I have made so many friends and love seeing all the cute pets we have in this community.

Roll on 2007!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Top Ten of 2006

Top 10 of 2006

Nephew graduated from college with honors...
    Youngest nieces graduated middle school and are happy in high school...
    Oldest niece changed careers and is succeeding...
    Turned 40 (:|)
    Many opportunities to play the flute I just got a little over a year ago...
    Received a digital (!) camera for Christmas ...
    My Dad had open heart surgery and is doing well...
    Extended family reunion picnic was a lot of fun...
    A job I enjoy with a terrific group of co-workers...
    Family is healthy and happy!

Bonus: Joined Pet Talk, which I enjoy so much!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    hmmm, I'm bad at remembering things. But a big thing for me was seeing POTC 1 and POTC 2 for the first time. They had a big effect on moi. lol AND~Discovered Gabbly to hang out with Zara on friday nights. I competed with Jenny in lots of AWEsome agility trials (summer), I met Alyssa (xcolbi), joined PT,

I found out that guys brains don't fully develop untill they're 25. (a big thing when you have an ego like mine. )
    Last edited by GreyhoundGirl; 12-29-2006 at 03:22 PM.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

These aren't in any specific order.

1.) My daughter Brynn was born. I'll just be glad when she can come home.

2.) We got our dog Baby and she had 3 puppies by c-section on August 23rd.

3.) We got Morgan.

4.) My grandfather passed away in September.

5.) Robin's mom passed away in September as well. That was a very hard month. I loved Robin's mom like she was my own mom. Plus it was unexpected so that made it even harder.

6.) Robin and I went to Disney World.

7.) We found out Robin's cancer was in remission. We are just hoping and praying it doesn't come back.

8.) We have been at my moms house more this year than at our own house. I'm not sure whether that is a bad thing or a good thing.

9.) My niece had surgery. It wasn't anything extensive but we were all very worried. She is only 3.

10.) My sister got married in June and I was in her wedding. I was definitely not happy about having to wear a dress, but I did anyway.

These are just some of the best and worst things that happened to me this year. They're probably not the best ones. I'm sure if I think about it later I would come up with better things.

1) I was in my football league's championship . We came in second by one touchdown.

2) I burned my wrist in steam I have a couple scars.

3) I twisted my ankle at football (very badly) and couldn't compete in the track meet two days later

4) I started a new school, and I love it there!

5) My grandparents spent Christmas with my family for the first time since I was 6 months old . It's very difficult to see them both at the same time, since my grandfather works for months at a time on a fishing boat.

6) I made over $500 for babysitting in just a couple weeks .

7) I joined my school's band, and I'm having a blast! (We're going on a couple trips. In a couple weeks, we'll be going to Ottawa to see a concert and then go shopping. Then, we're going for an overnight trip to Toronto to see Phantom of the Opera, and most likely sleep in a fancy hotel )

8) I got an MP3 for my birthday, but 2 weeks later, a certain little puppy grabbed it and chewed it up . So I got a new one for Christmas

9) I went to a Rex Goudie/Melissa O'Neil concert in Ottawa.

10) I spent a lot of fun time with Colbi. Especially when we brought her out to our friends' house. They have 2 llamas and Colbi was going crazy over them. It was hilarious!

In order of when they happened...

1. I moved out of my roomate's and into my own place.
    2. I got two new ratties, Gideon and Nathaniel.
    3. Gideon died of megacolon.
    4. Visa got her Canine Good Neighbor and tested OFA Good, eblows normal.
    5. Hosted a PT meeting at my house.
    6. Visa gave birth to one beautiful puppy
    7. Went off my medication
    8. Went to Surrey for a grooming seminar
    9. Turned 19 (legal drinking age!)
    10. Oliver, my heart-rat, died.
    I've been BOO'd!

It's been quite a year!!
    1) After being diagnosed as infertile in 2005, Cali was born in March
    2) My Son turned 18 in December, and got his driver's licence
    3) We made the VERY hard decision to leave Bahrain and move to Lagos
    4) My best friend, Michelle, had a baby girl in November
    5) Unfortunatley, 6 weeks before the baby arrived, Michelle immigrated to Australia
    6) I started looking for my birth-mother (I'm adopted)
    7) I found a picture of my half-sister online
    8) I was diagnosed with Reumatoid Arthritis
    9) I sent Connor to live with Cheryl in the USA
    10) I lost 20Kgs (50 lbs)

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

1. My marriage ended.

2. I spent Thanksgiving alone.

3. I spent my birthday alone.

4. I spent Christmas alone.

5. I started a second job.

6. I was inspired and strengthened by Barbaro's will to live and keep coming out on top, even when he was stated by his vets to only have a 10% chance of survival at one point. He gave me a focus and inspiration when I needed it most.

7. I realized how wonderful and precious my friendships are and I treasure my friends more than I ever have in my life.

8. I've learned that I'm stronger than I thought I was.

9. I've reached out much more to my family and friends, realizing how precarious and fleeting life can be, and feel that has also given me more strength.

10. I adopted a precious puppy, Raven, from the Humane Society and adding a new and precious member to my little family, learning how to smile and laugh more and helping to heal the wounds in my heart.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

1.had to rehome my cockatiel Emmy
    2.got to keep my orange ball of terror kitty Pumpkin
    3.my parents broke up
    4.parents got back together
    5.bi-polar and ADHA under contorl
    6.moving to NM in 2007
    7.aunt tryed to kill herself
    8.got into Bettas
    9.Got closer to God
    10.Found PT
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

1. Moved in with Alexa.
    2. Went to Europe for the first time.
    3. Was promoted at work to supervisor.
    4. Enrolled in classes at my local college to study business.
    5. Went to Las Vegas and Alexa met my parents for the first time after 2.5 years of us dating.
    6. Saw my sister graduate with her masters degree in Washington D.C.
    7. Was transfered at work and while I first I was upset I now love my new location.
    8. Spent my first Christmas living with Alexa in our home.
    9. Met Daniel and Sarah and their wonderful daughter Kira, they are now wonderful friends and I am lucky to have them in my life.
    10. Celebrated my "golden birthday" I turned 25 on the 25th of May.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Great idea for a thread!
    In no particular order of importance:
    1) I became a dog trainer, which I absolutely LOVE
    2) Pouncer's been sick off and on all year, which worries me to no end
    3) I finally got diagnosed by a doctor, had surgery, need another which I can't afford at the moment.
    4) My business officially failed and I drove the family into finacnial chaos
    5) My youngest daughter got her driving license
    6) My inlaws are speaking to us again (we still have no idea what we did wrong in the first place )
    7) My brother and I are doing MUCH better, we cleared the air a LOT a few months ago
    8) We were robbed on the 4th, and it basically just crushed me. I haven't been the same since
    9) Been battling a pretty bad depression (related mostly to money and my failed business)
    10) and the best for last: Cameron!

In no particular order

1. I lost my dear Tigger on October 16, only three days after finding out that she was full of cancer. She was my little girl since May of 1993.

2. My husband and I found out that after trying to have a baby for more than 5 years...we are infertile.

3. Mark and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in May.

4. We had our one year anniversary of settling into our new house on December 2.

5. We made wonderful, dear friends in our new neighbors.

6. Mark and I became Aunt Meg and Uncle Mark in August.

7. My entire family had a good year health wise.

8. Turned 35 in April.

9. While loosing Tigger this year I gained two other kitties that I swear Tigger sent my way.

10. I celebrated my 6th anniversary at the hospital that I work at....that is the most time that I have spent at any one job and not left to find other work.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

2006 - It was the best of times; it was the worst of times:

1. Brother saved me from being homeless by buying me a home

2. The move bout killed me physically.

3. Had fun discovering all the flowers at the new place

4. Learned to use my digi cam and love it

5. Car broke down and I am now car less. BIG BUMMER!!!

6. Leonardo starting to look frail at age 16

7. Arthritis and fibromyalgia getting worse

8. Pain all the time

9. Wonderful friends from Pet Talk

10. Great Christmas thanks to those friends!!!
    Last edited by momoffuzzyfaces; 12-29-2006 at 04:58 PM.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~