Thread: The Book Thread

Hybrid View

I saw Jaycee being interviewed on 60 minutes, she is an inspiration to everyone, what that sadistic monster put her through just makes me feel sick to the stomach, and i have not read the book, but would like to,mind you i think it would haunt me thinking about it all.

She is one hellava brave young woman, to come out of this and still be normal, i am sure she has lots to deal with in her daily life, because of that creep,but isn't she amazing.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    I saw Jaycee being interviewed on 60 minutes, she is an inspiration to everyone, what that sadistic monster put her through just makes me feel sick to the stomach, and i have not read the book, but would like to,mind you i think it would haunt me thinking about it all.

She is one hellava brave young woman, to come out of this and still be normal, i am sure she has lots to deal with in her daily life, because of that creep,but isn't she amazing.
    I thought maybe it would bother me after reading the book but I think seeing her and reading how well she is doing has helped and also knowing that those 2 monsters are in jail for the rest of their lives.

Just finished Cleo, The Cat Who Mended a Family by Helen Brown. Loved it. True story.

I wonder if Carole has already read it, as it took place in New Zealand, starting in the mid-eighties?

Yes Yes GRACE i have read it, in fact my sister gave it to me for my birthday a few years back, and it ignited my passion for reading again, and i have not stopped since, it is a lovely story and highly recommend it to anyone.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Another day, another book. The weather is disgusting - hot and humid day after day. So I sit in my air conditioned house and read.

Summer in the South by Cathy Holton. While not normally a fiction reader, I have read all of her books. This one grabbed me from the beginning, but the ending was not what I expected. It was darker, and left me with lots of wondering about what would happen next.

Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron.

A couple more Dewey stories, and some others the author heard about after the Dewey book was published. Not a quick a read as the first, but interesting.

Looks like I'm the only one reading

Just finished Gary Jobson: An American Sailing Story by Gary Jobson.

My brother, who almost never reads, recommended this to me. Gary Jobson has been a sailor all his life. He was the tactician on Courageous - winner of the 1977 America's Cup, skippered by Ted Turner.

I enjoyed this - interesting adventures and wonderful pictures. For those of us with a bit of salt water in our veins.