Thread: My tribute to Cleo

My tribute to Cleo

This is a tribute to Cleo, a cat I had in the 1980's

Cleo, a silver tabby and white kitten, already had the name Cleopatra.
    When I took my kitten, to the vet, they said my kitten was a male. I still kept the name Cleo, but it was short for Cleophus, a mans' name in the Bible.

Once after taking Cleophus to the vet, I was told he had feline leukemia. There was no cure, but he would die from it. Shadow, my other cat would not catch it. I then took Cleo home.

Cleo's last days: I remember putting my hand on Cleo, who was sleeping beside me. I could tell that he was sicker then he had been. The vet said he would run tests the next day. He needed to call me for permission just before surgery. My boss didn't like workers getting phone calls, so I gave them my mother's number.
    I called my vet as soon as I got home that next day. The vet took the phone and my heart dropped, when I heard the words: "your cat has been put to sleep."
    Cleo was worse then thought. My mother gave the vet permission to have him pts.

A friend and I buried Cleo. I got another kitten (Felicia). But I could not get over Cleo. I finally wrote a letter telling Cleo I was saying I was sorry I wasn't with him when he died. And I still loved him. As soon as I wrote this, I felt better.
    Cleophus lived between 1983 and 1989. I have two pictures of him. Neither one is digital.
    Last edited by Felicia's Mom; 01-11-2007 at 09:32 AM.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Unhappy

Sure sounds line Cleo was such a special friend to you!!! Sleep soflty dear Cleo....
    Nine is Fine!!

I have a scanner and would be pleased to put Cleos photo on Pet Talk, if you can get the Photos to me.
    I will return the photos ASAP.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

We miss our angels, long after they are gone. They are forever in our hearts.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It is nice to be able to remember Cleo. He will always be a part of you. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for telling us Cleo's story. I'm so sorry that you didn't have much time with him but I'm sure that he knows that you love him very much. You'll meet again some day.

Cleo will forgive you that you were not with him when he went to the Bridge.
    I did not make it to be with DJ either, but it was what was best for him.
    We never want to see our beloved animals in any pain if we can help it.

Cleo is no longer experiencing any pain at the Bridge. He is healthy and loving it there with the other animals, just waiting to be reunited with you one day.

Its amazing how the pain is still there after such a long time, isn't it?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you so much for sharing Cleo with us, I was not with my Mousse when he passed on but he was not upset with me, I knew that in my heart and I still know that today, they always know how very much they are loved when they are with us and I believe they carry that love onto the rainbow bridge when they go so that they know we will always love them.
    sleep easy sweet Cleo, you will see your mommy again one day.

Thanks, everyone for the kind words.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I am so sorry.
    In the late 70s I had a kitten called Meo. I was not with her when she was put to sleep and I still feel guilty for that.
    I did not have a cat for almost 20 years because of that memory.

I've been able to see the picture of your Sweet Silver Tabby Cat, Cleo~

I'm Sorry that the circumstances surrounding his passing prevented you from being with him .

I do feel that Cleo had already said his "Good-Bye", saving you the torment of watching him leave this world~

Your Tribute along with Cleo's Picture were Soothing to See Today.

Cleo was a Good Friend and He Loved You ~ May He Be Remembered with Peace in Your Heart.
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED