Thread: Min Dachshund Pees in the house!

Min Dachshund Pees in the house!

Hi folks!

My Miniature Dachshund "Rocko" has been quite a problem lately. He's 10 years old and very affectionate, but lately he has been relieving himself in the house several times every day! My wife is at her wits end and I'm afraid that the vet will "try" to fix the problem with some sort of costly surgery that might or might not fix the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? I hope that someone can come up with some sort of remedy for my situation. Luckily, we have tile in the living room, but he has soiled the carpet in my childrens rooms. My wife is tired of Rocko lifting his leg on the Leather furniture and I don't know what to do.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you very much!

Have you had him checked by the vet? It could be a UTI or the start of diabetes. If he's physically fine, then he has obviously decided that he's in charge of where he goes. Time to retrain, maybe with a crate.

I would definitely start with the vet. At that age, it's usually something medical. It may be a UTI or diabetes starting. Is the dog drinking alot also? On the other hand - has anything changed in the environment? New people in the house? Less people in the house? Has a new pet come along permanently or maybe stayed for a visit. When dogs get older, they are more sensitive to change. If everything is the same, get to the vet. And let us know what happens. Good luck.

is he neutered?
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

What have you used to clean the spots where he has already gone? Just using Woolite or Fantastic, etc is not going to help. We might smell clean, but they still smell their urine. Once a dog goes, he smells it and will continue to go until you remove the urine smell completely. You need an enzyme cleaner like Natture's Miracle to completely rid the spot of any urine smell.

Outisde that, a vet checkup is in order to rule out any health problems.

I too was wondering if he was nuetered

Thanks for the replies!

We've tried removing the urine with the enzyme cleaners with no help. I think a visit to the vet is in order. No he's not neutered.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Do let us know what the vet says!
    I've Been Frosted