I didnt witness this, but she came over right away and told me about it. She was over here visiting for a bit and went back to her house, to find the 3month old kitten at the end of the hallway with a baby!!! She said he put it down and went to pick it up again and she ran and got it. She has now closed the room with mom off of course (mom hates it) I am slightly confused what he was doing. And why didnt mama cat go after him? I dont know if he is extremely jelous because his mom isnt around much now, or if he wanted to play with it? I was told that he did pick it up by the nape of the neck at least. I examined the kitty and seen she has one small scratch on her forehead, she is a white one so I can see through her hair. Its nothing bad enough to bleed, just a little red line very small. I guess mom was in the closet still, she had her leg over the babes like she does when she dont want anyone around..but shewas just laying there still. Lucky it was caught and now the door is kept shut. Before this he would sit in the closet with mom and just watch but never touched them. Why do you think he would do this?